HMRC website

Old October 5th 11, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default HMRC website

Submitted my VAT return last Friday.

HMRC website still won't show me the acknowlegement, says "Sorry the
system is unavailable, please try again later ..."

Normally the acknowlegement can be viewed within a few seconds of
submission.

Is anybody else having this problem?

--
Graham J
Old October 5th 11, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message
Submitted my VAT return last Friday.

HMRC website still won't show me the acknowlegement, says "Sorry the
system is unavailable, please try again later ..."

Normally the acknowlegement can be viewed within a few seconds of
submission.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Just did mine 2 hours ago.
Got acknowlegement straight away and then the email shortly after.

Eric

Old October 5th 11, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message
Submitted my VAT return last Friday.

HMRC website still won't show me the acknowlegement, says "Sorry the
system is unavailable, please try again later ..."

Normally the acknowlegement can be viewed within a few seconds of
submission.

Is anybody else having this problem?

--
Graham J

Ho, Ho! You just wait until you have to file corporation tax returns with
HMRC - there are further terrors you can't even imagine waiting for you!

To answer your specific point, yes, "system is unavailable" does seem to be
happening more and more regularly. I grab screen shots as evidence and
sometimes phone them up just to get verbal confirmation of receipt - and a
Case Number to anchor the confirmation!

PA