WBC date set - worth getting new router?

Old October 13th 11, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lewis

Default WBC date set - worth getting new router?

Our exchange has a WBC date set for 31/12/2011.

Is it worth upgrading my ADSL1 router, Draytek Vigor 2600Plus, to one
that supports ADSL2+ eg DrayTek Vigor 2830n:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...yID=407&Sort=1

Current line stats:

DS Actual Rate: 4032000 bps
NE Current Attenuation: 44.5 dB
Cur SNR Margin: 7.5 dB

--
Mark Lewis, North Somerset
Old October 13th 11, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 13/10/2011 10:50, Mark Lewis wrote:
Our exchange has a WBC date set for 31/12/2011.

Is it worth upgrading my ADSL1 router, Draytek Vigor 2600Plus, to one
that supports ADSL2+ eg DrayTek Vigor 2830n:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...yID=407&Sort=1

Current line stats:

DS Actual Rate: 4032000 bps
NE Current Attenuation: 44.5 dB
Cur SNR Margin: 7.5 dB

Kitz http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php gives the following
info for 44.5dB attenuation.
Probable current speed (ADSL Max) - 6112
Estimated ADSL2+ speed - 7552.
Some increase in speed expected but not much.

George
Old October 13th 11, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

George Weston wrote:
On 13/10/2011 10:50, Mark Lewis wrote:
Our exchange has a WBC date set for 31/12/2011.

Is it worth upgrading my ADSL1 router, Draytek Vigor 2600Plus, to one
that supports ADSL2+ eg DrayTek Vigor 2830n:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...yID=407&Sort=1

Current line stats:

DS Actual Rate: 4032000 bps
NE Current Attenuation: 44.5 dB
Cur SNR Margin: 7.5 dB

Kitz http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php gives the following
info for 44.5dB attenuation.
Probable current speed (ADSL Max) - 6112
Estimated ADSL2+ speed - 7552.
Some increase in speed expected but not much.

But the doubling of upload is well worth it.

George

Old October 13th 11, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

George Weston wrote:

Some increase in speed expected but not much.

But the doubling of upload is well worth it.

My upstream used to be 864kbps on ADSL1, it dropped to 600 or 700kbps on
ADSL2+ (after uncapping it) and I notice now it's fallen further to 480kps

Old October 13th 11, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

George Weston wrote:

Some increase in speed expected but not much.

But the doubling of upload is well worth it.

My upstream used to be 864kbps on ADSL1, it dropped to 600 or 700kbps on
ADSL2+ (after uncapping it) and I notice now it's fallen further to 480kps

lucky you. Unless LLU or taking a very expensive package most ADSL1 is
448k only.
Old October 13th 11, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

lucky you. Unless LLU or taking a very expensive package most ADSL1 is
448k only.

I went on the 864kbps trial, and they forgot to remove it at the end of
the trial, and forgot to start charging for it too ... so I stayed
schtum ;-)

Old October 14th 11, 10:40 AM
philipjohn philipjohn is offline
Junior Member

Location: 1128, North Street, California USA

Good one.keep it up.thanks for sharing.
Old October 14th 11, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

George Weston wrote:

Some increase in speed expected but not much.

But the doubling of upload is well worth it.

My upstream used to be 864kbps on ADSL1, it dropped to 600 or 700kbps
on ADSL2+ (after uncapping it) and I notice now it's fallen further to
480kps

lucky you. Unless LLU or taking a very expensive package most ADSL1 is
448k only.

BT Wholesale's ADSL1 WBMC product can be uncapped in the same way an
ADSL2+ circuit can be.