A nightmare with regrade to 21CN

Old October 15th 11, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

Default A nightmare with regrade to 21CN

Over the last few months I have been watching three sites that give an
indication when 21CN will be available at my exchange.

Sam Knows
Kitz
BT Wholesale 21CN Broadband Availability

ALL three sites say that my exchange is NOT at the moment 21CN enabled
but will be updated in January 2012

When I mentioned this to my ISP (Zen) they informed me that 21CN IS
available at my exchange (Zen insist that BT Wholesale tell them my
exchange IS enabled) so because of this assurance I proceeded to go
ahead with the regrade, now one week on I'm being told by Zen that BT
are having 'capacity' issues at my exchange and this is delaying (for
how long nobody seems to know) my regrade.

If my exchange HAS been 21CN enabled surly BT would have made sure that
they had enough spare capacity to handle customer regrades before
updating to 21CN or am I being optimistic?

How come Zen seem to have different information from the three sites
above one of them being BT Wholesale themselves who all still say 21CN
is not available?

I'm now in limbo, Zen can't tell me when the capacity issue at my
exchange will be resolved and I cannot find a contact telephone number
to speak to BT Wholesale.

I'm frustrated.

Old October 15th 11, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

BTY

Does anyone have a contact telephone number for BT Wholesale?

Old October 15th 11, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

On Oct 15, 2:44*pm, Count de Monet wrote:
BTY

Does anyone have a contact telephone number for BT Wholesale?

BT Wholesale is https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/st...ge_logout.html

BT Wholesale contact telephone number is 0800 671 045
Old October 15th 11, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ghostrecon

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:42:33 +0100, Count de Monet wrote:

[...]

I'm with zen - currently I have 2 emails from them flagging up the likely
15 min outage as my exchange/equipment is being 21CN enabled did you not
get any notification from Zen at the time the exchange was being upgraded ?
--
(•.(*•. .•*).•)
.••. Nik .••.
Old October 15th 11, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

On 15/10/2011 19:20, Ghostrecon wrote:

I'm with zen - currently I have 2 emails from them flagging up the likely
15 min outage as my exchange/equipment is being 21CN enabled did you not
get any notification from Zen at the time the exchange was being upgraded ?

No

And when I pointed this out to Zen they could not supply an explanation.

Old October 17th 11, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 15/10/2011 14:42, Count de Monet wrote:
[...]

I can't comment on the capacity issues, but I did notice that when my
exhange was being updated to 21CN Sam Knows was a bit behind when
compared to the BT lists. Indeed, it was only *after* I had been
regraded to ADSL2+ upon my request to Plusnet that Sam Knows started
showing it as available.
Old October 17th 11, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

Update:

BT wholesale have informed Zen that there is a problem at the exchange,
this problem relates to a 'card' and they are having to get one from the
manufacturer before my regrade can go ahead. As the manufacturer is
based overseas they cannot confirm a date when the problem will be resolved!

Old October 17th 11, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

On 15/10/2011 17:32, John wrote:
On Oct 15, 2:44 pm, Count de wrote:
BTY

Does anyone have a contact telephone number for BT Wholesale?

BT Wholesale is https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/st...ge_logout.html

BT Wholesale contact telephone number is 0800 671 045

Useless every one of them.

BY Wholesale say they only deal with ISP's and not end users and anyway
they don't deal with exchanges, that's BT Openreach and they don't have
a contact telephone number, the guy I was talking to at BTW said even he
did not have a telephone number for BTO.

End users........'Keep them in the dark and feed them on bullsh*t' then
they won't find out how cr*p we are.
Old October 17th 11, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:48:33 +0100, Count de Monet
wrote:

Update:

BT wholesale have informed Zen that there is a problem at the exchange,
this problem relates to a 'card' and they are having to get one from the
manufacturer before my regrade can go ahead. As the manufacturer is
based overseas they cannot confirm a date when the problem will be resolved!

I don't use Zen but that reply from BT is almost exactly the same as
the one I got when I was having trouble with Demon.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com