Strange behavior of laptop on hotel Wi-fi

Old October 22nd 11, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Strange behavior of laptop on hotel Wi-fi

behavior
Just returned from Spain my hotel had Wi-fi coverage and free of charge.
At the one I used when using the Widows 7 Control Panel - Networks It would
ask for a User Name and a Password.
Using my O2 Connection Manager it asked me for the Security Key as it was
supposed to.
Anyone any idea of my W7 failure?

There were lots of people in the coverage area using the mobile phone
devices with the internet can they effect laptop users?

Regards
David