Workgroup

Old October 24th 11, 08:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bill

Default Workgroup

Thanks to all those who helped get my Homeplug system working but I now have another problem. On my home network I have a Hercules ecafe running ARMUbuntu and a Sumvision Cyclone media box. Both report being members of Workgroup but I cannot see them on either my PC or PC Laptop, both running Windows 7. How can I get to view all members of the Workgroup and to access them on my PC?
Old October 24th 11, 12:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob

On 24/10/2011 08:15, Bill wrote:
Thanks to all those who helped get my Homeplug system working but I now have another problem. On my home network I have a Hercules ecafe running ARMUbuntu and a Sumvision Cyclone media box. Both report being members of Workgroup but I cannot see them on either my PC or PC Laptop, both running Windows 7. How can I get to view all members of the Workgroup and to access them on my PC?

Have you configured networking on the Win7 box to use workgroup
rather than the default homegroup (which won't work for this)?
If not, have a look he
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-...-me-least.html

HTH
--
Rob
Old October 30th 11, 01:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bill

Thanks for your advice. I've read all that post and am better informed but none the wiser. I disconnected from the homegroup and set the advanced sharing to Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computer. I can't see the Workgroup to connect to anywhere and not under Network on the left. How can I set up Workgroup as the default network?