Mis-selling first Talk-Talk, now BT...

Old October 26th 11, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Default Mis-selling first Talk-Talk, now BT...

A friend is 'moving back to BT' from another telephone provider and gave
me horrible news of her new 40/month package.

It included BT Infinity Broadband....

This is an elderly lady living alone without a computer in the house, or
immediate plans to get one.

I've just been on the phone to get it down to the basic 12/month, and
when/if the time comes that she wants the internet then off to Plusnet
for basic ADSL we will go.

Talk Talk were up to this trick not so long ago, I have elderly
relatives that proudly show me their unused router received in the post
- again no plans in actually using it.

:-(

--
Adrian C

Old October 26th 11, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus

A friend is 'moving back to BT' from another telephone provider and gave
me horrible news of her new 40/month package.

Why ever does she want to move back to BT for?..

Old October 26th 11, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
David

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus

A friend is 'moving back to BT' from another telephone provider and gave
me horrible news of her new 40/month package.

Why ever does she want to move back to BT for?..

To have more expensive Broadband or fiber, :-)
Regards
David
Ps
Could not resist the joke.

Old October 26th 11, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On Oct 26, 9:43*pm, "David" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

m...

In article , says...

Why not? In total I've been with BT/PO Telephones for over 47 years,
taking both 'ordinary' telephone service and when it became available,
internet. Only ever had three faults - 1969, 1987 and 2008. Never had
cause to complain and everything has been brilliant - wouldn't dream of
going with anyone else.

Well maybe cost does not bother you and your just lucky your BB speed does
not slow down, also if you have had no reason to complain you will not have
suffered at the Indian call center.
Regards
David

I have just renewed my Internet and Phone deal with BT. I rang up
saying I wanted to move to Orange and I got a cracking deal ! I have
no specific allegiance to BT, it's just that they were the best in
terms of features and matched prices once I had haggled.

I don't think there is a lot of difference in the service you will
get., it's the same phone line after all, however it does seem that my
BT Broadband is ADSL2 which might not be the case if a switched.
Generally I am very happy with the quality of service BT provide and
would rather not switch unless it's going to save a lot of money.

You do have to keep an eye on the bills though. I signed up for
'friends and family mobile' since it was free, however since my last
're-negotionation' 12 months ago they've been charging 1.50 a
month... and the Indian chap /refused/ to refund it !!! I get my bills
online now and I guess I never bothered to look at them DOH !!

Simon
Old October 27th 11, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
PeeGee

On 26/10/11 21:39, David wrote:

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus

A friend is 'moving back to BT' from another telephone provider and gave
me horrible news of her new 40/month package.

Why ever does she want to move back to BT for?..

To have more expensive Broadband or fiber, :-)
Regards
David
Ps
Could not resist the joke.

Would have been better with "fibre" (as used in the optical sense, even
in the USA).

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
Old October 27th 11, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Jon

wrote...

On Oct 26, 9:43*pm, "David" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

Nothing like a sneaky unexplained extra charge to ensure a company keeps its
customers happy.

I thought the free calls evening & weekends, then lost the evenings couldn't be
beaten, until my money saving direct debit shot up to the point that my 3
monthly bill was being taken out of my bank every 2 months. As for their
Indian call centre, they'd never heard of 'service' or 'customer' in their
lives.

HTF BT get away with claiming their wireless hub is so brilliant is beyond me.

BTW - I know of one idiot who transferred to Sky and BT are still billing him a
standing charge. The moron is happy because they told him -
"should Sky's phone service break down, BT was there as a backup".

Old October 27th 11, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Mark

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:01:58 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus

A friend is 'moving back to BT' from another telephone provider and gave
me horrible news of her new 40/month package.

Why ever does she want to move back to BT for?..

Because they other supplier was even worse? I moved from BT to PO and
they overcharged me on *every* bill.
--
(\__/) M.