BT Fibre Rollout

Old October 31st 11, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

Default BT Fibre Rollout

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15518887
Old October 31st 11, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15518887

What will they be charging home users?
Regards
David

Old October 31st 11, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

In article , says...

This should help on that http://tinyurl.com/3seoxec
Old October 31st 11, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
In article , says...

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15518887

What will they be charging home users?
Regards
David

This should help on that http://tinyurl.com/3seoxec

That link fails for me.
Regards
David

Old October 31st 11, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:11:35 -0000
Dave wrote:

In article , says...

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15518887

What will they be charging home users?
Regards
David

This should help on that http://tinyurl.com/3seoxec

Well, that was a waste of time.
The link took me to a Google page that implied that I was stupid, then
offered me a selection of links. So I chose the first one, which went
to BT Infinity.
I have BT 'phone service. I entered my BT phone number, and it said
that, as I didn't have a BT line, they would have to search using my
address.
So I entered my house name (there is no number) and my postcode, and it
came back, said that I had to enter a valid house number, and asked me
the same question. I think it must have been programmed by an American,
I get that a lot when trying to send Change of Address info. over there.
Every US house has a number, even the White House (1600).
I gather that BT don't want my business.
--
Davey.

Old October 31st 11, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Davey" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:11:35 -0000
Dave wrote:

In article , says...

[...]

Worked this time, quoted me 38 for Infinity and Anytime a month against the
32 I pay for my slower Be Unlimited and Anytime, 6 a month more.
Regards
David

Old October 31st 11, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Davey wrote:

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/3seoxec

Well, that was a waste of time.
The link took me to a Google page that implied that I was stupid, then
offered me a selection of links.

The whole point of the LMGTFY (let me google that for you) site *is* to
poke fun at people too lazy to search for themselves, whether Dave is
laughing with you, or at you is a matter for discussion ...

Old October 31st 11, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Openshaw

In article , lid
says...

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:11:35 -0000
Dave wrote:

In article ,
says...

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15518887

What will they be charging home users?
Regards
David

This should help on that http://tinyurl.com/3seoxec

Well, that was a waste of time.
The link took me to a Google page that implied that I was stupid,

No, it implied that the question was rather a simple one to answer had
the OP bothered to look for himself. People in general on usenet are
very helpful but tend to get a bit ****ed off if someone wants to be
spoonfed answers without doing some research for themselves first. Just
exactly how difficult was it to type the phrase "bt infinity pricing for
home users" into Google? Compared to the complexity of some questions
asked here it doesn't exactly rank amongst the most difficult to answer
does it?
Old October 31st 11, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15518887

Have you actually read the article, there are very large discrepancies to
what is actually happen, in fact the idea of a NGA connection being above
40Mbps is just bull**** in the sky (the article claims 70 -
100Mbps...........I wish).

Well at least they aren't fitting the fire hazard NGA 'modems' any more

Old November 1st 11, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kevin Vivian

In article , kraftee
writes
Have you actually read the article, there are very large discrepancies to
what is actually happen, in fact the idea of a NGA connection being above
40Mbps is just bull**** in the sky (the article claims 70 -
100Mbps...........I wish).

I seem to remember a lot of fuss in the press and elsewhere a while ago
about ISPs offering "up to 20Mb" when many customers got very much less.
I am one of the many, getting just 1Mb on a 20Mb contract. Now BT tell
me that they have installed fibre on part of my route which could push
my speed up to around 8Mb. However, they want more money for this.
Seems to me that they want it both ways - I think there is a very good
argument that they should not be allowed to charge more until they
exceed the speed they promised on the original deal. After all, they
are upgrading and repairing / replacing kit all the time without asking
for more cash from the customer. Why should fibre be any different?
Just a thought.
--
Kevin