FTTC Speed Checker ?

Old November 1st 11, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

Default FTTC Speed Checker ?

'My' cabinet went live at the start of October, and various ISPs' speed
checkers (which I guess all query the Openreach checker) reported an
estimated speed of 12 Mb/s for my line :-(

Yesterday I checked again, and now the estimate for my line is 20.1 Mb/s.
Just wondering if this is a general change across the board, or whether
the estimates are refined after a cabinet has been live for a few weeks ?

Or should I wait another month and see if it gets faster :-)
Old November 2nd 11, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"Andrew Benham" wrote in message
'My' cabinet went live at the start of October, and various ISPs' speed
checkers (which I guess all query the Openreach checker) reported an
estimated speed of 12 Mb/s for my line :-(

Yesterday I checked again, and now the estimate for my line is 20.1 Mb/s.
Just wondering if this is a general change across the board, or whether
the estimates are refined after a cabinet has been live for a few weeks ?

Or should I wait another month and see if it gets faster :-)

The slowest NGA provision in this part of the world has been 39.999Mbps.

All you are looking at are very conservative guestimates, jump when the
price is right for you or you'll be waiting forever for the guesses to
stabilize.