DRAYTEK ROUTER AND ISPs

Old November 14th 11, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default DRAYTEK ROUTER AND ISPs

Does anyone know an isp that will guarantee the connection of my
Draytek router? Mine has voice sockets for cheap voip calls. it worked
well with Plusnet but will not go online with Tesco BB, i.e. Cable &
Wireless. Hence I have to leave tesco PDQ but where to?
Old November 14th 11, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

wrote in message
Does anyone know an isp that will guarantee the connection of my
Draytek router? Mine has voice sockets for cheap voip calls. it worked
well with Plusnet but will not go online with Tesco BB, i.e. Cable &
Wireless. Hence I have to leave tesco PDQ but where to?

You don't say which model but it should work with any ISP that provides that
particular service. If it worked with Plusnet why did you change?

Peter Crosland

Old November 18th 11, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Nov 14, 5:01*pm, "Peter Crosland" wrote:
wrote in message

Does anyone know an isp that will guarantee the connection of my
Draytek router? Mine has voice sockets for cheap voip calls. it worked
well with Plusnet but will not go online with Tesco BB, i.e. Cable &
Wireless. Hence I have to leave tesco PDQ but where to?

You don't say which model but it should work with any ISP that provides that
particular service. If it worked with Plusnet why did you change?

Peter Crosland

Long story, after years I had trouble paying, had to move my direct
debit day, they refused, I once offered a card payment a week in
advance, their acctg system could not take it, that is shoddy to say
the least but a bit off-topic, another posting i think!
Old November 18th 11, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Nov 14, 5:27*pm, Graham J [email protected] wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know an isp that will guarantee the connection of my
Draytek router? Mine has voice sockets for cheap voip calls. it worked
well with Plusnet but will not go online with Tesco BB, i.e. Cable&
Wireless. Hence I have to leave tesco PDQ but where to?

You have to program the router with the Tesco connection username and
connection password.

You might have to ask Tesco what values they require for VPI and VCI.
Normally these are 0 and 38 respectively, but Tesco might be different.
* You might also have to set the encapsulation (probably VC MUX) and the
Mode (probably G.DMT)

Tesco should be able to help you with all these parameters.

--
Graham J

Tried all those generic settings Graham, no joy
Old November 18th 11, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:
Does anyone know an isp that will guarantee the connection of my
Draytek router? Mine has voice sockets for cheap voip calls. it worked
well with Plusnet but will not go online with Tesco BB, i.e. Cable&
Wireless. Hence I have to leave tesco PDQ but where to?

You have to program the router with the Tesco connection username and
connection password.

You might have to ask Tesco what values they require for VPI and VCI.
Normally these are 0 and 38 respectively, but Tesco might be different.
* You might also have to set the encapsulation (probably VC MUX) and the
Mode (probably G.DMT)

Tesco should be able to help you with all these parameters.

--
Graham J

Tried all the generic settings Graham, no joy
Old November 19th 11, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

wrote:
Does anyone know an isp that will guarantee the connection of my
Draytek router? Mine has voice sockets for cheap voip calls. it worked
well with Plusnet but will not go online with Tesco BB, i.e. Cable&
Wireless. Hence I have to leave tesco PDQ but where to?
You have to program the router with the Tesco connection username and
connection password.

You might have to ask Tesco what values they require for VPI and VCI.
Normally these are 0 and 38 respectively, but Tesco might be different.
You might also have to set the encapsulation (probably VC MUX) and the
Mode (probably G.DMT)

Tesco should be able to help you with all these parameters.

--
Graham J

Tried all the generic settings Graham, no joy

Do you mean it wont work with VOIP? Or it wont work AT ALL?

Not working at all is scarcely credible since the base level comms is
via the same dslams and same radius proxies.

I think the OP should give us more detail.

For a start, it's now not clear to me whether the problem is with the
ADSL conection or VoIP.

So, connect the router, look at its "online Status" page, and tell us
what you see at the bottom - under ADSL status. Then tell us what you
see a couple of blocks above, under "WAN Status". We're particularly
interested in any text that is green or red.

--
Graham J

Old November 24th 11, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Nov 18, 11:07*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
[...]

"Will not go online with Tesco BB", it will not go online, it will not
connect, hence i cannot use the voip sockets