F1 on Sky in 2012

Old November 28th 11, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default F1 on Sky in 2012

I note from the adverts running in the press today that F1 will be
broadcast on a dedicated Sky sports channel in 2012 - Sky Sports F1

I am about to move house and plan to ditch Sky and possibly go for BT
Vision. This gives me the option of taking Sky Sports1 for 12.30 per
month.

The adverts Sky are running state that the new channel, Sky Sports F1,
will be available foc for Sky Sports 1 & 2 customers - does anyone
know if this includes those people taking Sky Sports via BT Vision?
--
Cheers

Peter

(Reply-to address is a spam trap, please reply to the group)
Old November 28th 11, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Mc

Peter wrote:
: The adverts Sky are running state that the new channel, Sky Sports F1,
: will be available foc for Sky Sports 1 & 2 customers - does anyone
: know if this includes those people taking Sky Sports via BT Vision?

It is too early to know! As the channel was only announced on Friday it is
not confirmed for any other supplier yet (even Virgin!).

Old November 28th 11, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

On 28/11/2011 15:20, Peter wrote:
I note from the adverts running in the press today that F1 will be
broadcast on a dedicated Sky sports channel in 2012 - Sky Sports F1

I am about to move house and plan to ditch Sky and possibly go for BT
Vision. This gives me the option of taking Sky Sports1 for 12.30 per
month.

The adverts Sky are running state that the new channel, Sky Sports F1,
will be available foc for Sky Sports 1& 2 customers - does anyone
know if this includes those people taking Sky Sports via BT Vision?

AIUI half the races will still be on BBC. It's been suggested that you
can get the races on RTL2 (German) for free and listen Radio 5 Live's
commentary!

Another Dave

Old November 28th 11, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:57:21 +0000, Another Dave
wrote:

On 28/11/2011 15:20, Peter wrote:
I note from the adverts running in the press today that F1 will be
broadcast on a dedicated Sky sports channel in 2012 - Sky Sports F1

I am about to move house and plan to ditch Sky and possibly go for BT
Vision. This gives me the option of taking Sky Sports1 for 12.30 per
month.

The adverts Sky are running state that the new channel, Sky Sports F1,
will be available foc for Sky Sports 1& 2 customers - does anyone
know if this includes those people taking Sky Sports via BT Vision?

AIUI half the races will still be on BBC. It's been suggested that you
can get the races on RTL2 (German) for free and listen Radio 5 Live's
commentary!

Another Dave

AIUI, the other half of the races will only be available as highlights
on the BBC

How do I get RTL2?

Old November 28th 11, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

On 28/11/2011 16:02, Peter wrote:

How do I get RTL2?

You point your Sky dish to Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees east (where Sky used
to be when it was analogue) and tune in.

http://www.satscan.net/service.php?S...28&SID=28 810

Another Dave
Old November 28th 11, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WCZ

wrote:

[...]

And to add to the question - can you get it on a Freesat box?

--

WCZ

Old November 28th 11, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
UnsteadyKen

Peter wrote...

The adverts Sky are running state that the new channel, Sky Sports F1,
will be available foc for Sky Sports 1 & 2 customers - does anyone
know if this includes those people taking Sky Sports via BT Vision?

I'm an F1 fan and have BT Vision, I phoned BT customer services just now
and asked this question.

Answer: They believe that the F1 coverage will be available to BT Vision
customers who subscribe to the Sky Sports 1/2 package but at the moment
cannot guarantee it as they are waiting to finalise details with Sky.
They believe it will be on Sky Sports 1 channel.
He advised me to wait about a month and they should be able to give a
definitive answer then when it has all been settled.

I'm very happy with the BT vision service, all the on demand stuff:
BBC iPlayer
BBC Hits
ITVNetPlayer
4onDemand
Demand 5
etc
streams well and picture quality via RGB to my Sony CRT appears to be
indentical to off air.
The Vision+ box works well and reliably.
No technical problems in the 2 years I've had it.

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/
Old November 28th 11, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

On 28/11/2011 16:19, Another Dave wrote:
On 28/11/2011 16:02, Peter wrote:

How do I get RTL2?

You point your Sky dish to Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees east (where Sky used
to be when it was analogue) and tune in.

http://www.satscan.net/service.php?S...28&SID=28 810

Sorry. It seems to be RTL not RTL2.

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/freetvformula1.htm

Another Dave
Old November 28th 11, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

On 28/11/2011 16:20, WCZ wrote:

And to add to the question - can you get it on a Freesat box?

I believe so. I get German digital satellite on a bog standard receiver
when I go caravanning in France.

Another Dave