Problems reaching websites

Old December 6th 11, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

Default Problems reaching websites

Anyone else having problems with the internet today - it's like wading
through treacle here. Pages are taking 20 - 30 seconds to load, some
even timing out, so maybe some sort of DNS issue? Done a couple of speed
tests which came back as normal for me, again perhaps pointing to DNS in
some way?
Old December 6th 11, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Pete wrote:

Anyone else having problems with the internet today - it's like wading
through treacle here. Pages are taking 20 - 30 seconds to load, some
even timing out, so maybe some sort of DNS issue? Done a couple of speed
tests which came back as normal for me, again perhaps pointing to DNS in
some way?

Traceroute is better.

Should identify whether routing is going awry and where major issues are.

what sites? I can check from here.
Old December 6th 11, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

In article , lid says...

Pete wrote:

Anyone else having problems with the internet today - it's like wading
through treacle here. Pages are taking 20 - 30 seconds to load, some
even timing out, so maybe some sort of DNS issue? Done a couple of speed
tests which came back as normal for me, again perhaps pointing to DNS in
some way?

Traceroute is better.

Should identify whether routing is going awry and where major issues are.

what sites? I can check from here.

Just had problems getting to
www.cpc.co.uk - traceroute below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Petetracert www.cpc.co.uk

Tracing route to www.cpc.co.uk [83.100.177.196]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 23 ms 21 ms 22 ms 217.32.143.32
3 22 ms 23 ms 23 ms 217.32.143.62
4 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms 213.120.163.74
5 24 ms 23 ms 24 ms 213.120.157.66
6 24 ms 23 ms 24 ms 213.120.157.182
7 24 ms 23 ms 22 ms acc2-10GigE-9-2-0.mr.21cn-ipp.bt.net
[109.159.25
0.228]
8 32 ms 35 ms 35 ms core2-te0-3-0-5.ealing.ukcore.bt.net
[109.159.25
0.143]
9 34 ms 34 ms 34 ms core2-pos5-0-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net
[194.74.6
5.126]
10 32 ms 33 ms 32 ms t2as2-tge4-3.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net
[166.49.214.145]

11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 44 ms 38 ms 39 ms ae-3.r22.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net
[129.250.5.1
98]
15 47 ms 47 ms 46 ms ae-1.r02.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net
[129.250.2.1
13]
16 49 ms 50 ms 49 ms kpn-2.r00.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net
[81.20.64.2
7]
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 47 ms 49 ms 46 ms 83.100.177.253
24 49 ms 54 ms 55 ms 83.100.177.196

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Pete
Old December 6th 11, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:41:07 -0000, Pete wrote:

Anyone else having problems with the internet today - it's like wading
through treacle here. Pages are taking 20 - 30 seconds to load, some
even timing out, so maybe some sort of DNS issue? Done a couple of speed
tests which came back as normal for me, again perhaps pointing to DNS in
some way?

No problems at all. It may be your ISP on a go slow.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Old December 6th 11, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaius

24 Hops !!!!
That'll be BT Internet then.

Here's the equivalent from Zen -

Tracing route to www.cpc.co.uk [83.100.177.196]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms [192.168.1.1]
2 23 ms 22 ms 22 ms losubs.subs.dsl1.wh-man.zen.net.uk
[62.3.87.145]
3 23 ms 25 ms 23 ms ge-2-1-0-160.cr1.wh-man.zen.co.uk
[62.3.87.161]
4 22 ms 22 ms 22 ms kingston.edge-ix.net [212.121.34.33]
5 29 ms 29 ms 29 ms 10.55.0.18
6 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms 10.110.6.82
7 25 ms 25 ms 28 ms 83.100.177.253
8 30 ms 33 ms 31 ms 83.100.177.196

Trace complete.

No problems today over Zen's routings......
Old December 6th 11, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

On 06/12/2011 12:41, Pete wrote:

Anyone else having problems with the internet today - it's like wading
through treacle here. Pages are taking 20 - 30 seconds to load, some
even timing out, so maybe some sort of DNS issue? Done a couple of speed
tests which came back as normal for me, again perhaps pointing to DNS in
some way?

One customer advised us he can't get onto our site. I suggested possible
ISP DNS problems.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ is always a good place to start.
I'm a big fan of OpenDNS
Also extremely good for reducing the amount of pRon and gambling sites
that can be stumbled upon by the innocent internet users.

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
Old December 6th 11, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Pete wrote:
In article , lid says...
Pete wrote:
[...]

that sites OK..but I cant trace to it ping blocked

Old December 6th 11, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

http://beusergroup.co.uk/?id=810