GMail POP Access

Old December 6th 11, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default GMail POP Access

Appears to be dead ?

I'm not alone

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...34cd7f27&hl=en

Anyone else ?

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old December 6th 11, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:46:52 +0000
Mark Carver wrote:

Appears to be dead ?

I'm not alone

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...34cd7f27&hl=en

Anyone else ?

You might find this to be of help.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

or not.
--
Davey.
Old December 6th 11, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deux

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:29:07 +0000, Davey wrote:

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:46:52 +0000
Mark Carver wrote:

Appears to be dead ?

I'm not alone

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?

tid=24d7a27e34cd7f27&hl=en

Anyone else ?

You might find this to be of help.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

or not.

Does that site use the POP3 protocol?

Old December 6th 11, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

Mark Carver wrote:

Appears to be dead ?

I'm not alone

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?

tid=24d7a27e34cd7f27&hl=en

Anyone else ?

You might find this to be of help.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

or not.

Does that site use the POP3 protocol?

I think it just tries to connect to your queried site, and reports if
it gets a response or not.
--
Davey.
Old December 6th 11, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Davey wrote:

wrote:

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:29:07 +0000, Davey wrote:

Mark wrote:

Appears to be dead ?
Anyone else ?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Does that site use the POP3 protocol?

I think it just tries to connect to your queried site, and reports if
it gets a response or not.

Yes, but connecting on port 80, doesn't have much relevance to
connecting on port 110

Old December 6th 11, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave N

Mark Carver wrote, on 06/12/2011 18:46:
Appears to be dead ?

I'm not alone

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...34cd7f27&hl=en

Anyone else ?

It's currently working for me (2238 Hrs) using Thunderbird 8 under Win7
via a BT Infinity connection.

--
Dave N
Old December 6th 11, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:39:16 +0000
Andy Burns wrote:

Davey wrote:

wrote:

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:29:07 +0000, Davey wrote:

Mark wrote:

Appears to be dead ?
Anyone else ?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Does that site use the POP3 protocol?

I think it just tries to connect to your queried site, and reports
if it gets a response or not.

Yes, but connecting on port 80, doesn't have much relevance to
connecting on port 110

Maybe not. I was just offering some possible help. I don't profess to
know the ins and outs.
But that site might be of help at some time in the future.
--
Davey.
Old December 6th 11, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Andy Burns wrote:
Davey wrote:

wrote:

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:29:07 +0000, Davey wrote:

Mark wrote:

Appears to be dead ?
Anyone else ?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Does that site use the POP3 protocol?

I think it just tries to connect to your queried site, and reports if
it gets a response or not.

Yes, but connecting on port 80, doesn't have much relevance to
connecting on port 110

well it does actually.

It proves you can reach the machine.

Mind you there probly isn't an open port 80 on a pop mail machine...

Try telnet machine name 110
Old December 6th 11, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
UnsteadyKen

Mark Carver wrote...

Anyone else ?

Ok here via Thunderbird.

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/
Old December 7th 11, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

Mark Carver considered Tue, 06 Dec 2011
18:46:52 +0000 the perfect time to write:

Appears to be dead ?

I'm not alone

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...34cd7f27&hl=en

Anyone else ?