Orange BB locked at 0.5MBps, router says 8MBps attainable

Old December 13th 11, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WCZ

Default Orange BB locked at 0.5MBps, router says 8MBps attainable

Hello,

My other half is on Orange BB with an up to 8Mbps contract. However, it
looks like the line has been provisioned at 0.5Mbps fixed rate rather than
ADSL Max. According to Sam Knows, the exchange supports ADSL Max so I guess
I just need to get Orange to do *something* to convert the line from fixed
rate to max.

The router stats currently show 576 down, 288 up with enormous SNR margins.
The livebox says that the attainable rate is close to 8Mbps.

I'm expecting Orange support to be dreadful so are there any magic words I
can use which will tell them exactly what they need to do?

Cheers!

WCZ

Old December 13th 11, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Downie

WCZ wrote:

I'm expecting Orange support to be dreadful so are there any magic
words I can use which will tell them exactly what they need to do?

Simply say "Can I have my MAC please?" ;-)

That seems to work faster than any other combination of words.

Tim

Old December 14th 11, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:35:16 -0000, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

WCZ wrote:

I'm expecting Orange support to be dreadful so are there any magic
words I can use which will tell them exactly what they need to do?

Simply say "Can I have my MAC please?" ;-)

That seems to work faster than any other combination of words.

And follow this up by using your MAC to move to a decent ISP.
--
(\__/) M.

Old December 20th 11, 03:15 AM
Acardawibbord Acardawibbord is offline
Banned

I need to tell you about this new full throttle fat loss as soon as possible so head on over to my blog and learn more about it immediately!
Old December 20th 11, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"Acardawibbord" wrote in
message ...

I need to tell you about this new full throttle fat loss as soon as
possible so head on over to my blog and learn more about it immediately!

No thanks I'm doing quite well as it is..

PLONK