from Talktalk to BT ?

Old December 31st 11, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff

Default from Talktalk to BT ?

Hello

I need to move from Talktalk Business - too expensive at around 18
per month - to another ISP.

How about BT Broadband?

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

Cheers

Geoff
Old December 31st 11, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Geoff wrote:
Hello

I need to move from Talktalk Business - too expensive at around 18
per month - to another ISP.

How about BT Broadband?

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

Cheers

Geoff

If your business can't afford 18 per month for its internet connection
then it should probably not be trading!

The primary requirement for any business internet connection is
reliability and prompt service; so you should use a professional
supplier such as Andrews & Arnold or Zen Internet. The latter will
offer a basic account at about 18 per month - and it would be worth
migrating to them simply to avoid the hassle of dealing with TalkTalk if
anything goes wrong.

--
Graham J
Old December 31st 11, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 31/12/2011 10:14, Graham J wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Hello

I need to move from Talktalk Business - too expensive at around 18
per month - to another ISP.

How about BT Broadband?

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

Cheers

Geoff

If your business can't afford 18 per month for its internet connection
then it should probably not be trading!

The primary requirement for any business internet connection is
reliability and prompt service; so you should use a professional
supplier such as Andrews & Arnold or Zen Internet. The latter will offer
a basic account at about 18 per month - and it would be worth migrating
to them simply to avoid the hassle of dealing with TalkTalk if anything
goes wrong.

Wot he said!

This thread brings to mind a "run your own business" course that I
attended a few years ago.
A couple of the other students made it plain that they wanted to run
their businesses in such a way that they didn't pay tax.
The lecturer took great pains to try and educate them to the fact that
if they didn't pay any tax, they wouldn't be making enough money to
keep the business going! If you'ree paying tax, you're making money,
which is what business is all about.

Another thing I remember him saying was if your business is suffering
from cash-flow problems, always make sure that you pay your phone bill
before anything else - it's your lifeline! I'd add to that by agreeing
with Graham that you also really ought to make sure that your
phone/internet supplier is a good one. It's worth paying a few extra
quid a month for reliable service with a good customer-service
operation; Talktalk is anything but (allegedly)...

George
Old December 31st 11, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Geoff wrote:
[...]

Having said that, if the internet is not needed for your business, then
do without it altogether.

For 18 per month you could pay an employee a mileage allowance for
driving 36 miles at 50 p/mile - this might be more important to you ...

That's probably just one customer visit!

--
Graham J

Old December 31st 11, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Geoff wrote:

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

No, once FTTC is available, you'll be able to get fibre broadband from a
range of ISPs, not just BT.

Old December 31st 11, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Geoff wrote:
Hello

I need to move from Talktalk Business - too expensive at around 18
per month - to another ISP.

How about BT Broadband?

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

AFAIAW 'BT infinity' o.e. fiver to te cab etc. is available from any ISP...

...so there is never any point in choosing 'BT' ever again as an ISP.
Cheers

Geoff

Old December 31st 11, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:14:48 +0000, Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Geoff wrote:
Hello

I need to move from Talktalk Business - too expensive at around 18
per month - to another ISP.

How about BT Broadband?

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

Cheers

Geoff

If your business can't afford 18 per month for its internet connection
then it should probably not be trading!

Graham

Not that the 18 cannot be met, rather that I thought there are other
ISPs doing the same for less and indeed Talktalk does not find much
favour with many people .... incidentally I get 10Mbps download with
Talktalk.

The primary requirement for any business internet connection is
reliability and prompt service; so you should use a professional
supplier such as Andrews & Arnold or Zen Internet. The latter will
offer a basic account at about 18 per month - and it would be worth
migrating to them simply to avoid the hassle of dealing with TalkTalk if
anything goes wrong.

OK - will look at these possibilities - thanks

Geoff
Old December 31st 11, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"Geoff" wrote in message
Hello

I need to move from Talktalk Business - too expensive at around 18
per month - to another ISP.

How about BT Broadband?

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

Once the exchange has been converted various ISPs will offer FTTC. BT have a
bad reputation for wanting long contracts and don't offer good value. If
you change before make sure it is to an ISP that will offer FTTC and has a
good reputation for service.

Peter Crosland

Old December 31st 11, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deux

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:14:48 +0000, Graham J wrote:

If your business can't afford 18 per month for its internet connection
then it should probably not be trading!

My thoughts exactly. I pay 13 a month for broadband for personal use and
I'm looking to upgrade to a faster 20/month package.

Old December 31st 11, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:36:09 -0000, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

"Geoff" wrote in message
.. .
Hello

I need to move from Talktalk Business - too expensive at around 18
per month - to another ISP.

How about BT Broadband?

In March BT Infinity will become available at my exchange - another
reason for going to BT?

Once the exchange has been converted various ISPs will offer FTTC. BT have a
bad reputation for wanting long contracts and don't offer good value. If
you change before make sure it is to an ISP that will offer FTTC and has a
good reputation for service.

Peter Crosland

Thanks Peter for the above advice.

Cheers