Sky 0 BT 1

Old January 15th 12, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

Default Sky 0 BT 1

The events that lead to my friends loss of broadband service from Sky.

1. Without warning Sky activates voicemail service on friend's line.
2. Wife hasn't the patience to use the voicemail service, and would like
it gone from line as friends are complaining their left messages aren't
being responded to.
3. Friend procrastinates and fails to call Sky for assistance.
4. Wife phones up BT and complains thinking it's a BT thing.
5. BT figure out this is a 'Sky Talk' line and starts bait/switch operation.
6. Wife is pleased she is 'going back to BT' to fix this annoyance.
7. Friend is now ****ed that his perfectly working Sky Broadband service
has been cancelled as it was part of the Sky phone package.

Now I'm getting hassled to get him a new internet service :-(

Why couldn't have BT told his wife to call the Sky helpline?

--
Adrian C

Old January 15th 12, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
nrs22

On Jan 15, 11:14*pm, Adrian C wrote:
The events that lead to my friends loss of broadband service from Sky.

1. Without warning Sky activates voicemail service on friend's line.
2. Wife hasn't the patience to use the voicemail service, and would
like it gone from line as friends are complaining their left messages
aren't being responded to.
3. Friend procrastinates and fails to call Sky for assistance.
4. Wife phones up BT and complains thinking it's a BT thing.
5. BT figure out this is a 'Sky Talk' line and starts bait/switch operation.
6. Wife is pleased she is 'going back to BT' to fix this annoyance.
7. Friend is now ****ed that his perfectly working Sky Broadband
service has been cancelled as it was part of the Sky phone package.

Now I'm getting hassled to get him a new internet service :-(

Why couldn't have BT told his wife to call the Sky helpline?

BT have fulfilled the wife's request.

There's two ways to get rid of Sky Voicemail.

1. Get rid of Sky Voicemail

2. Get rid of Sky.

BT have no way to action option 1.

:-)

Old January 16th 12, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Adrian C wrote:
The events that lead to my friends loss of broadband service from Sky.

1. Without warning Sky activates voicemail service on friend's line.
2. Wife hasn't the patience to use the voicemail service, and would like
it gone from line as friends are complaining their left messages aren't
being responded to.
3. Friend procrastinates and fails to call Sky for assistance.
4. Wife phones up BT and complains thinking it's a BT thing.
5. BT figure out this is a 'Sky Talk' line and starts bait/switch
operation.
6. Wife is pleased she is 'going back to BT' to fix this annoyance.
7. Friend is now ****ed that his perfectly working Sky Broadband service
has been cancelled as it was part of the Sky phone package.

Now I'm getting hassled to get him a new internet service :-(

go with an independent

Zen/IDnet

Why couldn't have BT told his wife to call the Sky helpline?

Old January 16th 12, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Adrian C" wrote in message
The events that lead to my friends loss of broadband service from Sky.

1. Without warning Sky activates voicemail service on friend's line.
2. Wife hasn't the patience to use the voicemail service, and would like
it gone from line as friends are complaining their left messages aren't
being responded to.
3. Friend procrastinates and fails to call Sky for assistance.
4. Wife phones up BT and complains thinking it's a BT thing.
5. BT figure out this is a 'Sky Talk' line and starts bait/switch
operation.
6. Wife is pleased she is 'going back to BT' to fix this annoyance.
7. Friend is now ****ed that his perfectly working Sky Broadband service
has been cancelled as it was part of the Sky phone package.

Well that will teach him to have them tied together.

Now I'm getting hassled to get him a new internet service :-(

Why couldn't have BT told his wife to call the Sky helpline?

Sharp practive I suppose, but nevertheless much to recommend it.

--
Adrian C

Old January 16th 12, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Wibble

Why couldn't have BT told his wife to call the Sky helpline?

Why couldn't Wife have rung Sky in the first place? :-)

Old January 16th 12, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Adrian C wrote...

The events that lead to my friends loss of broadband service from Sky.

1. Without warning Sky activates voicemail service on friend's line.
2. Wife hasn't the patience to use the voicemail service, and would like
it gone from line as friends are complaining their left messages aren't
being responded to.
3. Friend procrastinates and fails to call Sky for assistance.
4. Wife phones up BT and complains thinking it's a BT thing.
5. BT figure out this is a 'Sky Talk' line and starts bait/switch operation.
6. Wife is pleased she is 'going back to BT' to fix this annoyance.
7. Friend is now ****ed that his perfectly working Sky Broadband service
has been cancelled as it was part of the Sky phone package.

Now I'm getting hassled to get him a new internet service :-(

Why couldn't have BT told his wife to call the Sky helpline?

Dump wife, she's a cretin. It'll only get worse.

Old January 17th 12, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Adrian C wrote:
[...]
7. Friend is now ****ed

Are you American?

Old January 17th 12, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 17/01/2012 11:35, Steve wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
[...]
7. Friend is now ****ed

Are you American?

No, I'm a budding scriptwriter for Eastenders. The word '****ed' has
been featured this or last week ;-)

--
Adrian C

Old January 17th 12, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 17/01/2012 11:35, Steve wrote:
Adrian C wrote: