A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 17th 12, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Guy Dawson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?

We're having connectivity problems with a virgin internet connection.

We appear to have routing to some sites but not others.

I've tried the VBM fault line 0800 052 0800 but that's not responding
(number unobtainable I think) let alone being answered!

Guy
-- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy [email protected] - // ICBM - 6.15.16W 57.12.23N 986M
4.45.4 4.45.4 4.45.4 The Reality Check's in the Post! 4.45.4 4.45.4
  #2  
Old January 17th 12, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geordie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:25:36 +0000, Guy Dawson
compiled the following:

We're having connectivity problems with a virgin internet connection.

We appear to have routing to some sites but not others.

I've tried the VBM fault line 0800 052 0800 but that's not responding
(number unobtainable I think) let alone being answered!

Yes, they are having some problems but have acknowledged this a few
minutes ago.
--
Discordianism: Where reality is a figment of your imagination

  #3  
Old January 17th 12, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 620
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?

Geordie wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:25:36 +0000, Guy
compiled the following:

We're having connectivity problems with a virgin internet connection.

We appear to have routing to some sites but not others.

I've tried the VBM fault line 0800 052 0800 but that's not responding
(number unobtainable I think) let alone being answered!

Yes, they are having some problems but have acknowledged this a few
minutes ago.


A colleague lost his Virgin connection at 19:00 today - recovered at
19:21. In the interim the Virgin helpline was solidly busy ...

--
Graham J

  #4  
Old January 17th 12, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 200
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?


National outage

http://beusergroup.co.uk/?id=818


  #5  
Old January 18th 12, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 585
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:39:58 +0000
Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Geordie wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:25:36 +0000, Guy
compiled the following:

We're having connectivity problems with a virgin internet
connection.

We appear to have routing to some sites but not others.

I've tried the VBM fault line 0800 052 0800 but that's not
responding (number unobtainable I think) let alone being answered!

Yes, they are having some problems but have acknowledged this a few
minutes ago.


A colleague lost his Virgin connection at 19:00 today - recovered at
19:21.


Read that again, very slowly.....
--
Davey.

  #6  
Old January 18th 12, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 876
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:49:22 +0000, Davey
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:39:58 +0000
Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Geordie wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:25:36 +0000, Guy
compiled the following:

We're having connectivity problems with a virgin internet
connection.

We appear to have routing to some sites but not others.

I've tried the VBM fault line 0800 052 0800 but that's not
responding (number unobtainable I think) let alone being answered!

Yes, they are having some problems but have acknowledged this a few
minutes ago.


A colleague lost his Virgin connection at 19:00 today - recovered at
19:21.


Read that again, very slowly.....


And?

I heard someone in Inverness got theirs back at 4:20.




--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
  #7  
Old January 19th 12, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 585
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:46:30 +0000
Graham. wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:49:22 +0000, Davey
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:39:58 +0000
Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Geordie wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:25:36 +0000, Guy
compiled the following:

We're having connectivity problems with a virgin internet
connection.

We appear to have routing to some sites but not others.

I've tried the VBM fault line 0800 052 0800 but that's not
responding (number unobtainable I think) let alone being
answered!

Yes, they are having some problems but have acknowledged this a
few minutes ago.

A colleague lost his Virgin connection at 19:00 today - recovered
at 19:21.


Read that again, very slowly.....


And?


Let me put it another way:
"A colleague lost his virgin connection ....."

--
Davey.
  #8  
Old January 19th 12, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,765
Default Anyone know of problems on.with the Virgin Network?

Davey (for it is he) wrote:

Let me put it another way:
"A colleague lost his virgin connection ....."


Nope that's the same way.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:53:10 up 7 days, 23:22, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.07
"People believe any quote they read on the internet
if it fits their preconceived notions." - Martin Luther King

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Virgin problems yesterday Scott uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 June 7th 10 09:08 PM
Virgin ADSL problems brisargr uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 32 November 4th 08 07:53 PM
Problems connecting to Virgin Broadband treen[email protected] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 38 July 11th 08 11:45 AM
Problems connecting to Virgin Broadband [email protected] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 July 7th 08 06:46 PM
Virgin.net mail problems The Last Outpost uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 May 26th 07 12:06 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.