USA NBC in UK

Old January 22nd 12, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

Default USA NBC in UK

Does anybody know how to (legally) watch NBC programs on a PC in the
UK? Something similar to BBC's iPlayer, I suppose.
I use Linux, but have Win 7 available if needed.
--
Davey.
Old January 22nd 12, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 22/01/2012 12:40, Davey wrote:
Does anybody know how to (legally) watch NBC programs on a PC in the
UK? Something similar to BBC's iPlayer, I suppose.
I use Linux, but have Win 7 available if needed.

As I understand it legally, No.

Hulu UK won't be happening for a while. It seems they are tied up in
talks with US content providers. Powerful bunch of nay nay sayers they
are, judging by what they were trying on in their house earlier this week.

So I'll retort, isn't there enough US sourced crap on our TV's already?

Stick to, er, Eastenders, Strictly Come Dancing and Corrie. You know
it's good for you

--
Adrian C
Old January 22nd 12, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:40:07 +0000, Davey
wrote:

Does anybody know how to (legally) watch NBC programs on a PC in the
UK? Something similar to BBC's iPlayer, I suppose.
I use Linux, but have Win 7 available if needed.

This seems to work
http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/nbc-live-stream

currently the Today Program and John Humphrys nowhere in sight.

Local news from Tampa Fl

Is it legal? F***ked if I know.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 22nd 12, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

https://www.expatvpn.co.uk/

Old January 22nd 12, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

wrote:

Does anybody know how to (legally) watch NBC programs on a PC in the
UK? Something similar to BBC's iPlayer, I suppose.
I use Linux, but have Win 7 available if needed.

https://www.expatvpn.co.uk/

Thanks. Will investigate, but I was looking for something that didn't
need a monthly subscription, for the very occasional need.
--
Davey.
Old January 22nd 12, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:44:17 +0000
Adrian C wrote:

On 22/01/2012 12:40, Davey wrote:
Does anybody know how to (legally) watch NBC programs on a PC in the
UK? Something similar to BBC's iPlayer, I suppose.
I use Linux, but have Win 7 available if needed.

As I understand it legally, No.

Hulu UK won't be happening for a while. It seems they are tied up in
talks with US content providers. Powerful bunch of nay nay sayers
they are, judging by what they were trying on in their house earlier
this week.

So I'll retort, isn't there enough US sourced crap on our TV's
already?

In general, yes, but every now and then someone in the US refers to a
specific program being shown there.

Stick to, er, Eastenders, Strictly Come Dancing and Corrie. You know
it's good for you

Never watched it; never would watch it; did a few times but gave up
when the tram crashed into the street.
--
Davey.
Old January 22nd 12, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

http://www.videosurf.com/videos/Hulu
Old January 23rd 12, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:10:58 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, disturbed my reverie and wrote:

https://www.expatvpn.co.uk/

http://www.tuvpn.com/en/home#personal slightly more expensive, but
covers more protocols and more 'locations'. Damn fast too as well as
allowing bit torrents on some of their VPNs.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose to dance
in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
Old January 23rd 12, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:13:48 +0000
DrTeeth wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:10:58 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, disturbed my reverie and wrote:

https://www.expatvpn.co.uk/

http://www.tuvpn.com/en/home#personal slightly more expensive, but
covers more protocols and more 'locations'. Damn fast too as well as
allowing bit torrents on some of their VPNs.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose to dance
in the puddles (Jewish proverb).

Probably more than I need, in service and cost, but I'll take a look.
Thanks.
--
Davey.
Old January 23rd 12, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Davey" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:44:17 +0000
Adrian C wrote:

SNIP

Stick to, er, Eastenders, Strictly Come Dancing and Corrie. You know
it's good for you

Never watched it; never would watch it; did a few times but gave up
when the tram crashed into the street.

Er that was a reheat of a 1960's story line where a train crashed into the
street.

I didn't used to watch it, but my mum did so it was either go and sit in a
cold bedroom or endure Corrie...

Corrie characters suffer a much worse mortaity rate than real people, and
are perpetrtators or victims of crime far more often etc.

--
Davey.