Plusnet (ATTN Plusnet support if you still lurk/post here!) -accessing cancelled account / moorcroft debt recovery

Old February 16th 12, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

Default Plusnet (ATTN Plusnet support if you still lurk/post here!) -accessing cancelled account / moorcroft debt recovery

Hello Group,

I'm specifically looking for some plusnet assistance here.

My mum moved to Orange from plusnet (Broadband and Landline) about a
year ago and all was well until about 6 weeks ago she got a letter
from Moorcroft asking for nigh on 50 without an explanation.

Efforts to extract the info from plusnet frontline customer service
are failing because the account is closed, apparently the only way for
frontline CS to access is the account is with the correct username,
which we have forgotten - the service has been disconnected for about
a year, and since my mum didn't use email the only time we've ever
used the username was when I configured the router for her about 5
years ago.

We offered any other piece of information to plusnet CS but after 30
minutes of going round in circles we got nowhere. Requests to speak to
a senior person were also batted off. This would seem to be a fairly
big flaw in their Data Protection processes if accounts can only be
retrieved with one key piece of information.

So to summarise: Moorcroft want 48.something. I want Plusnet to tell
us what it's for, but if plusnet CS person is to be believed unless we
can remember the username we are snookered. I have therefore informed
plusnet that until a final bill is provided they can whistle for it,
and should the matter proceed to small claims court I'm fairly
confident that I would win.

Natuarally, I'm not going to be putting up any account details on
here, but my reply-to is valid, if there are any plusnet supports
still here (I know there used to be ages ago when I was a happy
plusnet customer too) that are feeling charitable, I'd be grateful for
a stress free way out of this. My mum is nearly 70 and not in great
health, and all we want is to be told what the 50 is for.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Jon
Old February 16th 12, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 06:04:58 -0800 (PST), Jon Parker
wrote:

[...]

i am not plusnet custmer support, but if it were me I'd put it in
writing, asking for an explanation, they'd have to reply then.
Old February 16th 12, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Denis McMahon

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 06:04:58 -0800, Jon Parker wrote:

Natuarally, I'm not going to be putting up any account details on here,
but my reply-to is valid, if there are any plusnet supports still here
(I know there used to be ages ago when I was a happy plusnet customer
too) that are feeling charitable, I'd be grateful for a stress free way
out of this. My mum is nearly 70 and not in great health, and all we
want is to be told what the 50 is for.

Recorded delivery letter to:

Richard Fletcher, Chief Operating Officer
PLUSNET PLC
INTERNET HOUSE
2 TENTER STREET
SHEFFIELD
S1 4BY

quoting the old account number, telephone number and address should do
the job.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Old February 16th 12, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

On 16/02/2012 15:56, Denis McMahon wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 06:04:58 -0800, Jon Parker wrote:

Natuarally, I'm not going to be putting up any account details on here,
but my reply-to is valid, if there are any plusnet supports still here
(I know there used to be ages ago when I was a happy plusnet customer
too) that are feeling charitable, I'd be grateful for a stress free way
out of this. My mum is nearly 70 and not in great health, and all we
want is to be told what the 50 is for.

Recorded delivery letter to:

Richard Fletcher, Chief Operating Officer
PLUSNET PLC
INTERNET HOUSE
2 TENTER STREET
SHEFFIELD
S1 4BY

quoting the old account number, telephone number and address should do
the job.

I wouldn't even bother giving any details, other than referring to their
letter.

If they can send a letter demanding money they must have the necessary
details readily to hand. If they can't produce evidence to support
their demand you don't pay, simple as that.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old February 16th 12, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

[...]

Not ACS:Law trying it on again ?

Old February 16th 12, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

On 16/02/2012 16:42, Timmy wrote:
Denis McMahon wrote...

[...]

Pah!