Sky Broadband

Old March 6th 12, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Second Stage Lensman

Default Sky Broadband

What is Sky Unlimited Broadband like at the moment. Not bothered about
support but speed and reliability?

Old March 6th 12, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Mc

Second Stage Lensman wrote:
: What is Sky Unlimited Broadband like at the moment. Not bothered about
: support but speed and reliability?

Generally very well thought of! I certainly have had no problems since
switching to it last month.

Old March 6th 12, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeitgeist

On 2012-03-06 11:04:13 +0000, Brian Mc said:

Second Stage Lensman wrote:
: What is Sky Unlimited Broadband like at the moment. Not bothered about
: support but speed and reliability?

Generally very well thought of! I certainly have had no problems since
switching to it last month.

Me neither, well pleased at the moment (although the ordering process
can be a bit of an ordeal).

--
Get yourself the best value SIM in the UK, and 5 credit at:

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/pauljcarr

Old March 6th 12, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Second Stage Lensman wrote...

What is Sky Unlimited Broadband like at the moment. Not bothered about
support but speed and reliability?

Less downtime than other ISP's I've used. Less than once a year.

Speed would depend upon where you live, wouldn't it ?

Old March 6th 12, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Second Stage Lensman

"Timmy" wrote in message ...
Second Stage Lensman wrote...
What is Sky Unlimited Broadband like at the moment. Not bothered about
support but speed and reliability?

Less downtime than other ISP's I've used. Less than once a year.
Speed would depend upon where you live, wouldn't it ?

Of course - but comments like "It slows down a lot a peak times" or "It does
not slow down at peak times" would be helpful.

Old March 6th 12, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Timmy wrote:
Second Stage Lensman wrote...

What is Sky Unlimited Broadband like at the moment. Not bothered about
support but speed and reliability?

Less downtime than other ISP's I've used. Less than once a year.

Blimey. Once a year is too long.

I don't think my ISP itself has had outages for more than an hour or so
all last year.

Speed would depend upon where you live, wouldn't it ?

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Old March 6th 12, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Second Stage Lensman wrote:
"Timmy" wrote in message
Second Stage Lensman wrote...
What is Sky Unlimited Broadband like at the moment. Not bothered about
support but speed and reliability?

Less downtime than other ISP's I've used. Less than once a year.
Speed would depend upon where you live, wouldn't it ?

Of course - but comments like "It slows down a lot a peak times" or "It
does not slow down at peak times" would be helpful.

It slows down a lot at peak times

There!

http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/ISP_rating...ISP=Sky&page=1

see what a random selection of halfwits say.

Basically its an average service that performs poorly to averagely on
all factors assessed.

Its not as bad as some, its better than some.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Old March 6th 12, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Mc

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
: I don't think my ISP itself has had outages for more than an hour or so
: all last year.

Be/O2 had problems for a few DAYS last week - so you are not looking very hard!

Old March 6th 12, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Mc

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
: Basically its an average service that performs poorly to averagely on
: all factors assessed.

I have seen Sky Broadband described as a "a premium service at a low cost" - as
it is one of the few totally unthrottled ISPs.

That is a FAR better description, IMHO, than yours!
Old March 6th 12, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Brian Mc wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
: Basically its an average service that performs poorly to averagely on
: all factors assessed.

I have seen Sky Broadband described as a "a premium service at a low cost" - as
it is one of the few totally unthrottled ISPs.

That is a FAR better description, IMHO, than yours!

That is NOT MY description.

It is a survey carried out by someone else who has no axe to grind who
merely asked people to report how they felt about their ISP.

The average response out of 5 was three and a bit. I rate MY ISP as
about 4 and a bit. It comes out somewhere higher overall than sky.

Its no point attacking ME when all I am doing is reporting what 300 odd
sky customers said about sky. I am not one of them.

The fact that you do so brings your own bias into sharpp focus...

and how hard it is to achieve it.