Sure Broadband Hull

Old March 28th 12, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Sure Broadband Hull

A mate in Hull is thinking of signing up for Broadband with this
Company. They put a dish on the chimney and the broadband comes
through the dish.

The broadband is supplied by Talk Talk Business (Opal) an

Anyone heard what they or the system they use is like?

TIA

--
John
Old March 29th 12, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hugh

In message , John
writes
A mate in Hull is thinking of signing up for Broadband with this
Company. They put a dish on the chimney and the broadband comes
through the dish.

The broadband is supplied by Talk Talk Business (Opal) an

Anyone heard what they or the system they use is like?

TIA

No ideas but if it's anything to do with Talk Talk anything better than
****e is a bonus.
--
hugh
Old March 29th 12, 06:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

hugh wrote...

In message , John
writes
A mate in Hull is thinking of signing up for Broadband with this
Company. They put a dish on the chimney and the broadband comes
through the dish.

The broadband is supplied by Talk Talk Business (Opal) an

Anyone heard what they or the system they use is like?

TIA

No ideas but if it's anything to do with Talk Talk anything better than
****e is a bonus.

Fukin Talk Talk. Had a knob around yesterday. Told me some problem at the
phone exchange had been sorted and I wasn't to be worried! Eh?
When I asked who he worked for and he said TT, I told him to **** off and shut
the door.
**** knows what ******** they're coming out with on the doorstep, but it's
certainly not the truth. Sadly, they're getting a lot of customers who don't
know any better.

Old March 29th 12, 06:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

John wrote...

A mate in Hull is thinking of signing up for Broadband with this
Company. They put a dish on the chimney and the broadband comes
through the dish.

The broadband is supplied by Talk Talk Business (Opal) an

Anyone heard what they or the system they use is like?

TIA

Plenty on various Karoo forums - can't be arsed to find out how they rate.

They have a website
http://www.surebroadband.net/

It's a wireless network.

If I lived in Hull and wanted decent broadband, I'd move.

Old March 29th 12, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Timmy wrote:
John wrote...

A mate in Hull is thinking of signing up for Broadband with this
Company. They put a dish on the chimney and the broadband comes
through the dish.

The broadband is supplied by Talk Talk Business (Opal) an

Anyone heard what they or the system they use is like?

TIA

Plenty on various Karoo forums - can't be arsed to find out how they rate.

They have a website
http://www.surebroadband.net/

It's a wireless network.

If I lived in Hull and wanted decent broadband, I'd move.

That is a decision all of us who live in poorly supported rural areas
could make!

However, the technology described should be ideal for providing a better
service than ADSL. It appears to be point-to-multipoint wireless.
There was a company in Cambridge offering a similar service well over 20
years ago - Ionica, was it?

The difficulty would seem to be that the connection to the internet is
provided by Talk Talk. If the service were provided by a reputable
company (A&A, Zen internet, or the like) then I reckon there would be a
good market in the small business sector.

--
Graham J

Old March 29th 12, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 29/03/2012 06:15, Timmy wrote:
Fukin Talk Talk. Had a knob around yesterday. Told me some problem at the
phone exchange had been sorted and I wasn't to be worried! Eh?
When I asked who he worked for and he said TT, I told him to **** off and shut
the door.
**** knows what ******** they're coming out with on the doorstep, but it's
certainly not the truth. Sadly, they're getting a lot of customers who don't
know any better.

We've had *countless* reports from customers of ours about their
door-to-door reps claiming that they own us when a customer tells them
who their broadband is supplied by.

They've even tried it on a few members of staff with quite comical
results

They're not employed by Talk Talk directly but that hardly excuses the
blatant lies some of them spout.

Old March 29th 12, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:01:50 +0100, Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Timmy wrote:
John wrote...

A mate in Hull is thinking of signing up for Broadband with this
Company. They put a dish on the chimney and the broadband comes
through the dish.

The broadband is supplied by Talk Talk Business (Opal)

The difficulty would seem to be that the connection to the internet is
provided by Talk Talk. If the service were provided by a reputable
company (A&A, Zen internet, or the like) then I reckon there would be a
good market in the small business sector.

AFAICT the broadband is supplied by Talk Talk Business which, correct
me if I'm wrong, is supplied via the old Pipex system. Is this
infrastructure more reliable than the domestic Talk Talk or not?

I personally wouldn't touch TT with a barge pole, but have had no
experience of their domestic side. However I have had experience of
F2S (which Pipex took over) and TT Business (who took over Pipex's
business division)where I worked for a while. Never had a problem with
connection or owt.
--
John
Old March 29th 12, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:18:45 +0100, Plusnet Support Team
wrote:

On 29/03/2012 06:15, Timmy wrote:
Fukin Talk Talk. Had a knob around yesterday. Told me some problem at the
phone exchange had been sorted and I wasn't to be worried! Eh?
When I asked who he worked for and he said TT, I told him to **** off and shut
the door.
**** knows what ******** they're coming out with on the doorstep, but it's
certainly not the truth. Sadly, they're getting a lot of customers who don't
know any better.

We've had *countless* reports from customers of ours about their
door-to-door reps claiming that they own us when a customer tells them
who their broadband is supplied by.

They've even tried it on a few members of staff with quite comical
results

They're not employed by Talk Talk directly but that hardly excuses the
blatant lies some of them spout.

Once had a TT rep at my door. We can offer you free broadband. No
thanks. What you don't want free broadband?. Nope and shut the door.

He looked quite perplexed that I had turned down free broadband and I
must admit it felt wierd declining something free, but given their
reputation, not worth taking up.

--
John
Old March 29th 12, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 29/03/2012 13:34, John wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:01:50 +0100, Graham [email protected] wrote:

Timmy wrote:
John wrote...

[...]

I was also with F2S when they were bought out by Tiscali (and then later
TT bought/renamed Tiscali). The service reliability dropped through the
floor such that I was forced to move (to plusnet).

Very happy since and I would think long and hard before moving to TT.
Old March 29th 12, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hugh

In message , Plusnet
Support Team writes
[...]

Sounds like Npower all over again.
With such hard evidence perhaps you should take it up with Ofcom, It was
OFGEM who eventually sorted out Npower.
--
hugh