VirginMedia enforcing tracking?

Old April 6th 12, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default VirginMedia enforcing tracking?

I just fired up the VirginMedia programme guide on their website and it
refused to load. It wasn't until I told the NoScript plug-in to allow access
to revsci.net that it would load. I haven't tried tried other parts of their
site but it appears that they're going to insist that you allow yourself to
be tracked by such companies before you can use their stuff.

--
Dave
Too many gadgets, too little time.
Old April 6th 12, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 06/04/2012 08:45, Dave wrote:
I just fired up the VirginMedia programme guide on their website and it
refused to load. It wasn't until I told the NoScript plug-in to allow access
to revsci.net that it would load. I haven't tried tried other parts of their
site but it appears that they're going to insist that you allow yourself to
be tracked by such companies before you can use their stuff.

And yet you happily use virginmedia for usenet access. Smart....

--
Adrian C
Old April 6th 12, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Adrian C wrote:

On 06/04/2012 08:45, Dave wrote:
I just fired up the VirginMedia programme guide on their website and it
refused to load. It wasn't until I told the NoScript plug-in to allow
access to revsci.net that it would load. I haven't tried tried other
parts of their site but it appears that they're going to insist that you
allow yourself to be tracked by such companies before you can use their
stuff.

And yet you happily use virginmedia for usenet access. Smart....

Actually, they're just one of several feeds I use. Usenet is flaky enough
now that it helps to grab from multiple sources in case one goes down.