Talk Talk

Old April 19th 12, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Allan

Default Talk Talk

Intersting battle with Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom" this
morning 19th April. Worth a look on Iplayer.
Al
Old April 19th 12, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

On 19/04/2012 12:49, Allan wrote:
Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom

LOL
Right around 10:00 ish when he's trying to get through to the call
centre in... India or Philippines or South Africa or wherever...

You get's what you pays for.
:)

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
Old April 19th 12, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

www.GymRatZ.co.uk formulated on Thursday :
On 19/04/2012 12:49, Allan wrote:
Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom

LOL
Right around 10:00 ish when he's trying to get through to the call
centre in... India or Philippines or South Africa or wherever...

You get's what you pays for.
)

I think TT are a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse now IIRC? If I'm
right, their call centre is here In Preston, Lancashire

Old April 19th 12, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 19/04/2012 15:41, John wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk formulated on Thursday :
On 19/04/2012 12:49, Allan wrote:
Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom

LOL
Right around 10:00 ish when he's trying to get through to the call
centre in... India or Philippines or South Africa or wherever...

You get's what you pays for.
)

I think TT are a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse now IIRC? If I'm
right, their call centre is here In Preston, Lancashire

They used to be but they demerged.
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...talktalk-split

George
Old April 19th 12, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

George Weston formulated on Thursday :
On 19/04/2012 15:41, John wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk formulated on Thursday :
On 19/04/2012 12:49, Allan wrote:
Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom

LOL
Right around 10:00 ish when he's trying to get through to the call
centre in... India or Philippines or South Africa or wherever...

You get's what you pays for.
)

I think TT are a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse now IIRC? If I'm
right, their call centre is here In Preston, Lancashire

They used to be but they demerged.
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...talktalk-split

George

I didn't know that, cheers George

Old April 20th 12, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brightside S9

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:15:30 +0100, George Weston
wrote:

On 19/04/2012 15:41, John wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk formulated on Thursday :
On 19/04/2012 12:49, Allan wrote:
Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom

LOL
Right around 10:00 ish when he's trying to get through to the call
centre in... India or Philippines or South Africa or wherever...

You get's what you pays for.
)

I think TT are a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse now IIRC? If I'm
right, their call centre is here In Preston, Lancashire

They used to be but they demerged.
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...talktalk-split

Still in bed together though.

http://www.careersatcarphone.com/fe/...sDvBPhKpCWeQwD

under Carphone Warehouse header says Tulketh Mill Preston houses Talk
Talk contact centre, CPW contact centre and Opal Telecom.

--
brightside S9
Old April 20th 12, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

In article , John wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk formulated on Thursday :
On 19/04/2012 12:49, Allan wrote:
Talk Talk on " Don't get done get Dom

LOL
Right around 10:00 ish when he's trying to get through to the call
centre in... India or Philippines or South Africa or wherever...

You get's what you pays for.
)

I think TT are a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse now IIRC? If I'm
right, their call centre is here In Preston, Lancashire

I was amused that Dom seemed unaware (or pretended to be surprised)
that it wouldn't be possible to get back in touch with the same call
centre agent. I'd have thought he would know how these places work.
Incoming calls are automatically routed to whichever agent has been
free the longest and whoever takes the call gets the account details
including all the previous agents' notes on their screen. This gives a
measure of continuity while keeping the waiting times down. It might be
frustrating never to speak to the same agent twice, but callers get far
more annoyed by having to wait.

Rod.
--
Virtual Access V6.3 free usenet/email software from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual-access/

Old April 20th 12, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Saville

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:26:15 UTC, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

In article , John wrote:
[...]

Just a shame that most of the time they don't *read* what the previous
agent typed - assuming (s)he bothered of course. And that goes for
just about every call centre. :-(
--
Regards
Dave Saville
Old April 21st 12, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Roderick Stewart wrote...

I think TT are a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse now IIRC? If I'm
right, their call centre is here In Preston, Lancashire

I was amused that Dom seemed unaware (or pretended to be surprised)
that it wouldn't be possible to get back in touch with the same call
centre agent. I'd have thought he would know how these places work.
Incoming calls are automatically routed to whichever agent has been
free the longest and whoever takes the call gets the account details
including all the previous agents' notes on their screen. This gives a
measure of continuity while keeping the waiting times down. It might be
frustrating never to speak to the same agent twice, but callers get far
more annoyed by having to wait.

Not all call centre staff are able to put notes onto a users info. Many agents
are careful about what they do add due to the blame culture in call centres.
Very few call centres bother to check on who last spoke to a user - companies
like Talk Talk & Virgin know they're ****.

Old April 21st 12, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Dave Saville wrote...

[...]

A lot of call centre staff would be writing "user is a ****ing moron" in many
cases.