Zen Fibre gets the Infiniti2 almost right away.

Old April 24th 12, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Default Zen Fibre gets the Infiniti2 almost right away.

Yesterday I downgraded my Zen Fibre Office Pro account due to
significantly increasing (doubling) all package download allowances and
increasing cheaper packages to 10Mbps upstream from 2 (saving me around
30 a month)
I mentioned Infiniti-2 to lady on the phone and she couldn't tell me
anything more just that it would be available sometime.

Today I received an e-mail:

"Dear Customer

As part of ongoing improvements to our range of Fibre Broadband services
we will be upgrading your Zen Fibre Office service so that you can
benefit from faster downstream and upstream speeds.

Your current downstream speed: "up to 40Mbps"
Your current upstream speed: "up to 10Mbps"

Your new downstream speed: "up to 76Mbps"
Your new upstream speed: "up to 19Mbps"

snip

When will the improvement take place?
You don't need to do anything to benefit from these faster speeds. The
increase will automatically take place from Wednesday, 09 May 2012 and
will be completed by Thursday, 10 May 2012.

Will the price of my service change?
There will be no change to the price of your service. "

All is rosy in my Zen garden.
I love 'em to bits.
:)

--

"WaterRowers are bloody brilliant rowing machines"
http://www.water-rower.co.uk
Old April 24th 12, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:36:59 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

[...]

I got the same for my home broadband (Fibre Active service).
Old April 24th 12, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

wrote:

[...]

You're both lucky. Fibre isn't even on a distant horizon in these rural
East Anglian parts, and I'm less than a half hour drive from Bury St.
Edmunds, and forty-five minutes from Norwich.
That said, Zen cannot be faulted, in my opinion.
--
Davey.

Old April 25th 12, 07:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adnokes_NOSCAN

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:00:16 +0100, Davey tubthumped in morse code:

That said, Zen cannot be
faulted, in my opinion.

Try dealing with them when you have a line fault. A total bunch of
useless arseholes (and that's on a good day).

Old April 25th 12, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

wrote:

[...]

We're luckier here. I've just had FTTC installed. It's the "up to
40Mbps" type so I assume it won't be upgraded in the near future.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old April 25th 12, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

wrote:

[...]

The local Exchange has a lot of construction going on, I saw yesterday.
Could it be.......?
Probably not, they are more likely setting up links to all the local
wind turbines that sprout up like weeds. Even H. G. Wells didn't
imagine them, although there is a resemblance to them in The War of the
Worlds.
--
Davey.

Old April 25th 12, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

wrote:

[...]

Update:

"Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be
because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line
does not support super-fast broadband. Register your interest and we'll
let you know if this changes."

Yawn.
--
Davey.

Old April 25th 12, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

[...]

BT is more interested in putting up wind turbines than putting in fibre

www.clarewind.org.uk

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Old April 25th 12, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Adnokes_NOSCAN wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:00:16 +0100, Davey tubthumped in morse code:

That said, Zen cannot be
faulted, in my opinion.

Try dealing with them when you have a line fault. A total bunch of
useless arseholes (and that's on a good day).

I've had exemplary help from Zen in investigating line faults. The
difficulty they have, in common with all other ISPs, is that they don't
carry out the remedial work themselves but have to ask Openreach to do
the work on their behalf. This is where the real problem lies ....

--
Graham J

Old April 25th 12, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:05:07 +0100, Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Adnokes_NOSCAN wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:00:16 +0100, Davey tubthumped in morse code:

That said, Zen cannot be
faulted, in my opinion.

Try dealing with them when you have a line fault. A total bunch of
useless arseholes (and that's on a good day).

I've had exemplary help from Zen in investigating line faults. The
difficulty they have, in common with all other ISPs, is that they don't
carry out the remedial work themselves but have to ask Openreach to do
the work on their behalf. This is where the real problem lies ....

In my experience my ISP (Demon) tested what they could and passed any
problems to Openreach very quickly. I had to agree to a possible
charge if it was found to be my fault but that was not the case.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com