Speed up transfer speed

Old April 29th 12, 01:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bob H

Default Speed up transfer speed

I have a network server with WHS2008 SP2 which stores media files etc.

In the network I have 4 more pc's which are used to transfer files to
and from the home server, which has a RocketRaid 620 2 Sata port 2.0 x1
controller card. From this card I have 2 1TB WD hard discs in Raid1.

The controller card is presently in a PCIEX1 slot on the mainboard, and
the data transfer speed is around 12-14 mb/sec

I have a graphics card in a PCIEX16 slot, so could I move the Raid
controller over to the PCIEX16 slot to up the transfer speed.

Would it make any difference if it were moved over to a PCIEX16 slot?

Also it would mean moving the graphics card to a PCI slot.