mail servers at 123-reg

Old May 8th 12, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default mail servers at 123-reg

The servers pop.123-reg.co.uk and smtp.123-reg.co.uk seem very
unreliable this morning - has anybody else noticed?

No problem seeing other mail servers - mail.demon.co.uk for example.

--
Graham J
Old May 8th 12, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flop

On 08/05/2012 12:51, Graham J wrote:
The servers pop.123-reg.co.uk and smtp.123-reg.co.uk seem very
unreliable this morning - has anybody else noticed?

No problem seeing other mail servers - mail.demon.co.uk for example.

They have been very spasmodic all day.

However, things appear to have settled down now.

Unfortunately, 123 do not seem willing to allow its customers to know
what the system status is.

Take it or leave it?

flop

Old May 8th 12, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Flop wrote:
On 08/05/2012 12:51, Graham J wrote:
The servers pop.123-reg.co.uk and smtp.123-reg.co.uk seem very
unreliable this morning - has anybody else noticed?

No problem seeing other mail servers - mail.demon.co.uk for example.

They have been very spasmodic all day.

However, things appear to have settled down now.

Unfortunately, 123 do not seem willing to allow its customers to know
what the system status is.

Take it or leave it?

flop

Just as bad here now (5.40pm) as when I first posted ...

Time to migrate to a different hosting service, I think.

--
Graham J
Old May 21st 12, 02:01 PM
123regonline 123regonline is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

My name is Nerys and I work for 123-reg.

We are aware that some customers have been experiencing issue regarding there email services recently. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused to anyone.

We have been, and will continue, to work to resolve all issues. There have already been steps taken to resolve the issues. If anyone is still having problems, please raise a ticket to our support team and include full details of the error, any error messages seen, and the dates and times that these have occurred. The more information we have from customers the quicker we can locate and resolve issues.

Tickets can be raised he

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/Pro...AQuestion.aspx

Regards,

Nerys