Three sucks credit in account dry in 15 minutes...

Old May 15th 12, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

Default Three sucks credit in account dry in 15 minutes...

In uk.telecom.mobile CJB wrote:
used up and then Three started sucking away my remaining credit of
about 4.76. I got about 15MB for this. Then the whole connection
ground to a halt.

And as I have complained to them so many times in the past - Three
FAILED to send me any warning text messages. And even checking the
remaining allowance(s) is useless because the figures are never
updated in real-time.

Yes, I've had exactly this. You can mitigate it slightly by only buying 5
topups, but you're still risking the 5. And clearly they're able to
measure data accurately, otherwise they wouldn't know when to cut you off.

Sadly I don't know of another network that offers PAYG data for a similar
price. The granularity seems to be 'per day' offers of 20ishMB for 20p-50p
or 'mobile broadband' of multi-gigabytes for a month for a tenner.

Theo
Old May 18th 12, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Jake

"Theo Markettos" wrote in message
[...]

You will have to get a bandwidth monitor on your PC that has alarms once you
reach certain trigger points.