123-reg and webfusion appear to be tits up

Old May 23rd 12, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Default 123-reg and webfusion appear to be tits up

in case people are running into 'could no resolve' type web failures.

Of course,. you cant even email the support people, because the email
don't work ether.

And the phone isn't being replied to.

I think it may be time to deal directly with NOMINET.

Last time this happened they were down for days.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Old May 23rd 12, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On May 23, 7:41*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
in case people are running into 'could no resolve' type web failures.

Of course,. you cant even email the support people, because the email
don't work ether.

And the phone isn't being replied to.

I think it may be time to deal directly with NOMINET.

Last time this happened they were down for days.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Hi there.

We were offline fully for about 20 minutes, and all other services
came back online and improved in service over the next couple of
hours.

During working days we have chat support running from 9am to 5pm, go
to the support section of our site. We also have ticket support (when
the site is offline, of course this is as well) and phone support on
working weekdays from 9am to 7pm on n 0845 450 2310.

You can also email me directly with any issue you have and I will look
to resolve for you : richard dot winslow at 123-reg dot co dot uk
Old May 24th 12, 02:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05...g_ddos_attack/

---------------------------------------

Old May 24th 12, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:
in case people are running into 'could no resolve' type web failures.

Of course,. you cant even email the support people, because the email
don't work ether.

And the phone isn't being replied to.

I think it may be time to deal directly with NOMINET.

Last time this happened they were down for days.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Hi there.

We were offline fully for about 20 minutes, and all other services
came back online and improved in service over the next couple of
hours.

with respect more like about 4 hours.

During working days we have chat support running from 9am to 5pm, go
to the support section of our site. We also have ticket support (when
the site is offline, of course this is as well) and phone support on
working weekdays from 9am to 7pm on n 0845 450 2310.

No one answered the phone and email didn't work, nor did web chat,
because the servers were either unfindable with DNS or uncontactable due
to overload. I couldn't receive email either - since the A records that
refers to the MX records for my domain are held at 123.

You can also email me directly with any issue you have and I will look
to resolve for you : richard dot winslow at 123-reg dot co dot uk

email to you didn't work either.

I am not particularly blaming you for that, just making you aware of a
deep vulnerability in both your network design and topology and your
support arrangements.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Old May 24th 12, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

[snip]

See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05...g_ddos_attack/

Old May 24th 12, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Graham J wrote:
[snip]

You can also email me directly with any issue you have and I will look
to resolve for you : richard dot winslow at 123-reg dot co dot uk

email to you didn't work either.

I am not particularly blaming you for that, just making you aware of a
deep vulnerability in both your network design and topology and your
support arrangements.

See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05...g_ddos_attack/

yeah. found that yesterday.

and how hard it is to achieve it.