First Class Service from Plusnet

Old May 30th 12, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

Default First Class Service from Plusnet

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank both Bob Pullen and
Joanne for so speedily fixing my problem with the Internet
username. Which was changed to the correct username (mine)
within the hour.

Thanks again.

James

Old May 30th 12, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 30/05/2012 16:21, James wrote:
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank both Bob Pullen and
Joanne for so speedily fixing my problem with the Internet
username. Which was changed to the correct username (mine)
within the hour.

Thanks again.

No worries James, thanks for the kind words. I'll pass your gratitude
onto Joanne.

Old June 4th 12, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T. Sparrow

On 30/05/12 17:28, Plusnet Support Team wrote:

No worries James, thanks for the kind words. I'll pass your gratitude
onto Joanne.

Plusnet technical support is pretty good it seems, they even monitor
newsgroups for customers having problems.

I would move to plusnet, but this is a problem: "We'll also email you
before you go over your allowance. If you do, it's not a problem. You'll
just pay an extra 5 per 5GB."

Not a problem for whom?

Old June 4th 12, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 04/06/2012 16:26, T. Sparrow wrote:
On 30/05/12 17:28, Plusnet Support Team wrote:

No worries James, thanks for the kind words. I'll pass your gratitude
onto Joanne.

Plusnet technical support is pretty good it seems, they even monitor
newsgroups for customers having problems.

I would move to plusnet, but this is a problem: "We'll also email you
before you go over your allowance. If you do, it's not a problem. You'll
just pay an extra 5 per 5GB."

Not a problem for whom?

Meaning:
They don't cut you off if you go over your limit after they've already
warned you that you're likely to go over it. They assume that, having
been warned and you still go over it, you're happy to pay the extra for
that month. Seems reasonable to me.

Some ISPs don't warn and/or do cut you off. You pays your money and you
takes your choice.

George
Old June 4th 12, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

George Weston wrote:
[...]

My chief reason for abandoning claranet in fact.

George

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Old June 4th 12, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
198 kHz

"George Weston" wrote in message
On 04/06/2012 16:26, T. Sparrow wrote:
I would move to plusnet, but this is a problem: "We'll also email you
before you go over your allowance. If you do, it's not a problem. You'll
just pay an extra 5 per 5GB."

Not a problem for whom?

Meaning:
They don't cut you off if you go over your limit after they've already
warned you that you're likely to go over it. They assume that, having been
warned and you still go over it, you're happy to pay the extra for that
month. Seems reasonable to me.

Some ISPs don't warn and/or do cut you off. You pays your money and you
takes your choice.

You also have the option of not topping up at all, in which case you're just
slowed down until the next billing date.

Old June 4th 12, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hugh

In message , T. Sparrow
writes
On 30/05/12 17:28, Plusnet Support Team wrote:

No worries James, thanks for the kind words. I'll pass your gratitude
onto Joanne.

Plusnet technical support is pretty good it seems, they even monitor
newsgroups for customers having problems.

I would move to plusnet, but this is a problem: "We'll also email you
before you go over your allowance. If you do, it's not a problem.
You'll just pay an extra 5 per 5GB."

Not a problem for whom?

My son went over his limit with BT
They warned him well in advance.
They wrote to him afterwards and said he had gone over his limit but
they wouldn't charge him - not this time.
--
hugh