I don't want to go to Chelsea

Old May 31st 12, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Default I don't want to go to Chelsea

If you didn't already have a reason not to live there, then here's another:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...rom-superfast-
broadband-rollout-in-kensington-and-chelsea.html

Although if you can afford property there then I suppose a few K a year for
FTTP isn't much of a hardship.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:46:55 up 141 days, 19 min, 6 users, load average: 0.52, 0.46, 0.39

Old June 1st 12, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

On 31/05/2012 21:50, alexd wrote:
If you didn't already have a reason not to live there, then here's another:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...rom-superfast-
broadband-rollout-in-kensington-and-chelsea.html

Although if you can afford property there then I suppose a few K a year for
FTTP isn't much of a hardship.

Probably the area is covered by sufficient WiMAX, or a backhander is
coming from Virgin Media to make BT's life a bit tricky.

I recently worked in a large swanky very new London office - totally
dependant on WiMAX for everything, don't think standard telecom lines
made it into the building at all.

--
Adrian C
Old June 1st 12, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 31/05/2012 21:50, alexd wrote:
If you didn't already have a reason not to live there, then here's another:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...rom-superfast-
broadband-rollout-in-kensington-and-chelsea.html

Although if you can afford property there then I suppose a few K a year for
FTTP isn't much of a hardship.

It's all down to the council not wanting ugly green boxes in their
pretty, conservation-area streets. If I was a decision-maker at BT, I'd
probably make the same decision.
How Virgin are going to put FTTC in without doing similar to BT remains
to be seen.
No green boxes = no fibre.
I foresee many high-level complaints to the council coming from
well-heeled residents.

George
Old June 1st 12, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Murray

George Weston writes:

No green boxes = no fibre.
I foresee many high-level complaints to the council coming from
well-heeled residents.

if the residents are that well-heeled, could they not get fibre
delivered to their premises, which would not need green cabinets?
Old June 1st 12, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 01/06/2012 13:24, Graham Murray wrote:
George writes:

No green boxes = no fibre.
I foresee many high-level complaints to the council coming from
well-heeled residents.

if the residents are that well-heeled, could they not get fibre
delivered to their premises, which would not need green cabinets?

A good point - or maybe get one of the Russian Oligarchs to pay for
undergrounding all the cabinets?

George