BT Openreach no show

Old June 2nd 12, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Enrie Membership

Default BT Openreach no show

Briefly

I wanted to re-grade my ADSL service to a Fibre product so I instructed
my ISP to go ahead with the re-grade.

This process involves a visit from a BT Openreach engineer who requires
assess to the premises to install equipment so a date was arranged for
this to be done.

I was informed that if I was not available on the appointment date and
an engineer could not gain access to the premises I would be libel for a
fee off 85 + VAT.

So, on the day of the appointment I waited at the premises for the
engineer who did not show up.

I am self employed and lost money due to BT failing to turn up on the
pre-arranged date.

I am now told by my ISP that I would NOT be receiving compensation for
BT's failure to show despite the fact I would have been charged if I
missed the appointment.

My contract is with MY ISP, should I be compensated for my lost time due
to BT's failure to show?
Old June 2nd 12, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 10:07:28 +0100, Enrie Membership
wrote:

Briefly

I wanted to re-grade my ADSL service to a Fibre product so I instructed
my ISP to go ahead with the re-grade.

This process involves a visit from a BT Openreach engineer who requires
assess to the premises to install equipment so a date was arranged for
this to be done.

I was informed that if I was not available on the appointment date and
an engineer could not gain access to the premises I would be libel for a
fee off 85 + VAT.

Liable I assume, unless you have written something truly defamatory
:-)

So, on the day of the appointment I waited at the premises for the
engineer who did not show up.

I am self employed and lost money due to BT failing to turn up on the
pre-arranged date.

I am now told by my ISP that I would NOT be receiving compensation for
BT's failure to show despite the fact I would have been charged if I
missed the appointment.

My contract is with MY ISP, should I be compensated for my lost time due
to BT's failure to show?

As you say, it appears your contract is with your ISP and your ISP has
a contract with Openreach. What does the contract say?
Old June 5th 12, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Enrie Membership (for it is he) wrote:

My contract is with MY ISP, should I be compensated for my lost time due
to BT's failure to show?

Should you? Well, if BT are to be compensated for you not being there, the
surely you should be compensated if the boot were on the other foot. But
without having read the contract between you and your unspecified ISP, I
think the the chances of this happening are not far from zero. You could
ring up and complain, you never know what they might offer.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:33:11 up 146 days, 5 min, 6 users, load average: 0.41, 0.42, 0.32