Mobile Internet

Old July 4th 12, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Mobile Internet

I'm out and about a bit and have a O2 dongle for my laptop, I often buy a
month pay as you go and always have credit left. I loose this at the end
of the the month.
(The O2 home page when I connect says I can use BT Open Zone free but BT ask
me for money when I'm in one.)
I'm thinking of a change but are they all a rip off with the loosing your
credit at the end of a period?
Regards
David

Old July 4th 12, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:13:21 +0100, David wrote:

I'm out and about a bit and have a O2 dongle for my laptop, I often buy
a month pay as you go and always have credit left. I loose this at the
end of the the month.
(The O2 home page when I connect says I can use BT Open Zone free but BT
ask me for money when I'm in one.)
I'm thinking of a change

It's probably irrelevant to you, but I have a Samsung phone I use as a
wireless hotspot on 3's "One" plan - unlimited data for tethering, 1000
mins and unlimited texts. It costs me about 27 a month. It genuinley
does seem to be unlimited as I downloaded 27GB last month..

Well worth it IMO.

--
Mike P
Old July 4th 12, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Well Mike at 27 a month not cheap at 3 times what I pay for home with it's
far greater speed and no limit.
Thanks to you and Andrew for responses.

Old July 4th 12, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"David" wrote in message
I'm out and about a bit and have a O2 dongle for my laptop, I often buy a
month pay as you go and always have credit left. I loose this at the end
of the the month.
(The O2 home page when I connect says I can use BT Open Zone free but BT
ask me for money when I'm in one.)
I'm thinking of a change but are they all a rip off with the loosing your
credit at the end of a period?
Regards
David

This is a problem with Openzone.

BTO's on customer premises (Home Hubs) only allow BTI and paid connection.

BTO's in public places (operated by BT) allow connection using partner
validation including O2 (although I can never get it to work and they keep
resetting my MAC or something).

Old July 5th 12, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:35:21 +0100, David wrote:

Well Mike at 27 a month not cheap at 3 times what I pay for home with
it's far greater speed and no limit.
Thanks to you and Andrew for responses.

Well, I get 10mpbs downstream and 2mpbs upstream from it, according to
speedtest.net and as I stated, it has no limit at all on it.

Of course, I don't need a landline or broadband at home either, because
the 3 contract covers all, so it works out cheaper..

--
Mike P
Old July 7th 12, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

On 04/07/2012 10:13, David wrote:
I'm out and about a bit and have a O2 dongle for my laptop, I often buy
a month pay as you go and always have credit left. I loose this at the
end of the the month.
(The O2 home page when I connect says I can use BT Open Zone free but BT
ask me for money when I'm in one.)
I'm thinking of a change but are they all a rip off with the loosing
your credit at the end of a period?
Regards
David

Whilst its not marketed that way its really a 1 month contract with a
download "cap". So you get mobile internet for one month with an
absolute CAP and you always have some credit left....

Thinking creatively, if you get a cheap android phone and a GiffGaff SIM
you could get unlimited data and some calls for 10/Month ...

Old July 17th 12, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On 2012-07-07, Dave wrote:
Whilst its not marketed that way its really a 1 month contract with a
download "cap". So you get mobile internet for one month with an
absolute CAP and you always have some credit left....

Thinking creatively, if you get a cheap android phone and a GiffGaff SIM
you could get unlimited data and some calls for 10/Month ...

And they'll apply a data bar on your SIM if you're caught tethering on
an unlimited data goody-bag.

Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://www.matrixdial.co.uk/
Old July 19th 12, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

On 2012-07-07, Dave wrote:
Whilst its not marketed that way its really a 1 month contract with a
download "cap". So you get mobile internet for one month with an
absolute CAP and you always have some credit left....

Thinking creatively, if you get a cheap android phone and a GiffGaff
SIM you could get unlimited data and some calls for 10/Month ...

And they'll apply a data bar on your SIM if you're caught tethering on
an unlimited data goody-bag.

and being a PAYG sim it would take you 5 mins to activate a new sim
in another name

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk