House move

Old July 18th 12, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default House move

I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone & broadband
service that is, not move my house!

I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told
that the earliest date available is the 16 th August.

Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and
the olympics.

Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
phone line and broadband I was told that BT have been importing
Openreach engineers in to London to help out with the olympics. I
assume that they are not helping out G4S

Does anyone know if this is true, or are BT being economical with the
truth?
--
Cheers

Peter

(Reply-to address is a spam trap, please reply to the group)
Old July 18th 12, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 18/07/2012 14:28, Peter wrote:
I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone& broadband
service that is, not move my house!

I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told
that the earliest date available is the 16 th August.

Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and
the olympics.

Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
phone line and broadband I was told that BT have been importing
Openreach engineers in to London to help out with the olympics. I
assume that they are not helping out G4S

Does anyone know if this is true, or are BT being economical with the
truth?

It sounds reasonable to me, when you consider all the telecoms
requirements of the games.
Of course, I appreciate that it won't be reasonable to you!

I'm just hoping that there won't be an increase in crime that will
happen outside London due to the transfer of police officers from all
over the country to the olympic sites.

:-(

George
Old July 18th 12, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Peter wrote:
I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone & broadband
service that is, not move my house!

I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told
that the earliest date available is the 16 th August.

Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and
the olympics.

Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
phone line and broadband I was told that BT have been importing
Openreach engineers in to London to help out with the olympics. I
assume that they are not helping out G4S

Does anyone know if this is true, or are BT being economical with the
truth?

If your broadband service is not with BT you should re-start the process
and ensure you get a "simultaneous provide" code which you should then
give to your ISP.

Just another of BT's littles catch 22's

--
Graham J

Old July 18th 12, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

On 18/07/2012 14:28, Peter wrote:
I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone& broadband
service that is, not move my house!

I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told
that the earliest date available is the 16 th August.

Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and
the olympics.

Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
phone line and broadband I was told that BT have been importing
Openreach engineers in to London to help out with the olympics. I
assume that they are not helping out G4S

Does anyone know if this is true, or are BT being economical with the
truth?

Do you have Cable in the street of your new house?
If so tell BT you will go Cable if they not meet your wishes.
Regards
David
Old July 18th 12, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:28:57 +0100, Peter
wrote:

I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone & broadband
service that is, not move my house!

I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told
that the earliest date available is the 16 th August.

Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and
the olympics.

Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
phone line and broadband I was told that BT have been importing
Openreach engineers in to London to help out with the olympics. I
assume that they are not helping out G4S

Does anyone know if this is true, or are BT being economical with the
truth?

OK,

Thanks for your replies.

I think we've worked it out.

My company has a netwoek freeze during the Olympics and the
Paralympics. BT has gone for the same dates as us (we suspect my
comany & BT have had a chat) and I believe the first freeze ends on
the 13th August, so my work looks as though it's being done in the gap
between the 2 freeze periods :-(

Old July 18th 12, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:07:53 +0100, "David"
wrote:

[...]

No cable in the street, but I am served bt FTTC with expected speed of
around 76Meg

Old July 18th 12, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Does the house have a working phone line now?
I wonder if it works in anyway when present user finishes, does anyone know
what BT do with ceased customers lines?
Regards
David

Old July 18th 12, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:25:04 +0100, "David"
wrote:

Does the house have a working phone line now?
I wonder if it works in anyway when present user finishes, does anyone know
what BT do with ceased customers lines?
Regards
David

There was a working line atb the property when I bought it (last
August), but the i/c line has been cut - it's u/g fed - by the
builders and the LJU has gone to meet its maker

Old July 18th 12, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

wrote:

I've just booked a house move with BT - move my telephone & broadband
service that is, not move my house!

I wanted the move done on the 30th or 31st of July, but have been told
that the earliest date available is the 16 th August.

Apparently the reasons for such a late date is due to the weather and
the olympics.

Whan I asked what the olympics had to do with the installation of a
phone line and broadband I was told that BT have been importing
Openreach engineers in to London to help out with the olympics. I
assume that they are not helping out G4S

Does anyone know if this is true, or are BT being economical with the
truth?

I am going through the same process but after the Olympics. I asked to
move on August 31st and that's what they are doing. There is no delay.
Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com

Old July 18th 12, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wolstenholme

wrote:

Does the house have a working phone line now?
I wonder if it works in anyway when present user finishes, does anyone know
what BT do with ceased customers lines?
Regards
David

There was a working line atb the property when I bought it (last
August), but the i/c line has been cut - it's u/g fed - by the
builders and the LJU has gone to meet its maker

BT are reconnecting a line when I move to a new house. That costs 130
but they are doing it for free just now. Make sure you get it done
free.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com