BT Vision

Old July 18th 12, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default BT Vision

While placing my order to move telephone & broadband service from what
will be my old address to my new address, BT tried to sell me BT
Vision. Not interested at the moment, but may go for it in the future.

I did ask if it was possible to have more than one BT Vision box and
was told no, it isn't possible.

Can't think why a second (or more) box shouldn't work - anyone got any
ideas?
--
Cheers

Peter

(Reply-to address is a spam trap, please reply to the group)
Old July 18th 12, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

Peter wrote:
While placing my order to move telephone & broadband service from what
will be my old address to my new address, BT tried to sell me BT
Vision. Not interested at the moment, but may go for it in the future.

I did ask if it was possible to have more than one BT Vision box and
was told no, it isn't possible.

Can't think why a second (or more) box shouldn't work - anyone got any
ideas?

Why would you want even one when there are so many better alternatives

The number of used worthless BT Vision boxes you see after a years
subscription at car boot sales should tell you something

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old July 18th 12, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

On 18/07/2012 17:20, Steve Terry wrote:
Peter wrote:
While placing my order to move telephone & broadband service from what
will be my old address to my new address, BT tried to sell me BT
Vision. Not interested at the moment, but may go for it in the future.

I did ask if it was possible to have more than one BT Vision box and
was told no, it isn't possible.

Can't think why a second (or more) box shouldn't work - anyone got any
ideas?

Why would you want even one when there are so many better alternatives

The number of used worthless BT Vision boxes you see after a years
subscription at car boot sales should tell you something

Steve Terry

Agreed.

It's a while since I last used one - owned by a friend - but if I
remember correctly you can't record, or playback recordings, if not
connected to the Internet. I would guess that their servers can't
distinguish between different boxes on the same connection, and that's
why it's not allowed.

Old July 18th 12, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Peter used his keyboard to write :
While placing my order to move telephone & broadband service from what
will be my old address to my new address, BT tried to sell me BT
Vision. Not interested at the moment, but may go for it in the future.

I did ask if it was possible to have more than one BT Vision box and
was told no, it isn't possible.

Can't think why a second (or more) box shouldn't work - anyone got any
ideas?

Dee's reply is spot on - the servers can't handle more than one logon
from one account.

Old July 18th 12, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:25:06 +0100, Peter
wrote:

While placing my order to move telephone & broadband service from what
will be my old address to my new address, BT tried to sell me BT
Vision. Not interested at the moment, but may go for it in the future.

I did ask if it was possible to have more than one BT Vision box and
was told no, it isn't possible.

Can't think why a second (or more) box shouldn't work - anyone got any
ideas?

OK, thanks all for your informative replies. BT vision is not for me.

Old July 18th 12, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

wrote:

While placing my order to move telephone & broadband service from
what will be my old address to my new address, BT tried to sell me BT
Vision. Not interested at the moment, but may go for it in the
future.

I did ask if it was possible to have more than one BT Vision box and
was told no, it isn't possible.

Can't think why a second (or more) box shouldn't work - anyone got
any ideas?

OK, thanks all for your informative replies. BT vision is not for me.

I'm trialing YouView at the moment. T&Cs say i can't talk about it,
but it is one of three new HD Freeview + IPTV with Harddrive recorders
that are about to hit the market.
http://www.youview.com/

The other Two are Roku
http://www.roku.com/

and Google TV
http://www.google.com/tv/

Steve Terry

Old July 19th 12, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Mc

Steve Terry wrote:
: I'm trialing YouView at the moment. T&Cs say i can't talk about it,
: but it is one of three new HD Freeview + IPTV with Harddrive recorders
: that are about to hit the market.

Many people think this has lost all hope of doing well due to being so late
to market......but we will see!!!!