Netgear and DGTeam

Old July 28th 12, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Netgear and DGTeam

I have three Netgear DG834G modems, a V2, V3 and V5.

I have installed DGTeam firmware on the V2 and the V3 and I am trying
to find the SNR setting in the routers browser interface, but cannot
find it. I read a suggestion that it should be under the Advanced ADSL
settings, but all that is there is a Modulation mode setting. Can
anyone advise where the SNR settings ought to be please?

I fancy using the DGTeam firmware on the V5 too, did the produce
anything for it?

Of the three modems, the V3 achieves the fastest connection speed.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old July 29th 12, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Namsan

I have a DG834GT and the SNR percentage setting indeed appears
immediately following Modulation and before Loop parity test in
Advanced ADSL settings. I have my SNR set at 20% without any problem.
Old July 29th 12, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
I have three Netgear DG834G modems, a V2, V3 and V5.

I have installed DGTeam firmware on the V2 and the V3 and I am trying to
find the SNR setting in the routers browser interface, but cannot find it.
I read a suggestion that it should be under the Advanced ADSL settings,
but all that is there is a Modulation mode setting. Can anyone advise
where the SNR settings ought to be please?

I fancy using the DGTeam firmware on the V5 too, did the produce anything
for it?

Of the three modems, the V3 achieves the fastest connection speed.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

AIUI it there is no "fake the reported SNR" (if that is what you mean)
setting in the DGTeam software for the DG834Gv3.

PA (one time user of DG834Gv3 with DGTeam firmware)

Old July 29th 12, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Benham

On 28/07/12 18:39, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I have three Netgear DG834G modems, a V2, V3 and V5.

I have installed DGTeam firmware on the V2 and the V3 and I am trying to
find the SNR setting in the routers browser interface, but cannot find
it. I read a suggestion that it should be under the Advanced ADSL
settings, but all that is there is a Modulation mode setting. Can anyone
advise where the SNR settings ought to be please?

If you telnet (or ssh) to the V3, is there an 'adslctl' command ?
On my DG834GT, it's /usr/sbin/adslctl

If the command is missing, then one can't tweak the target SNR and there
would be no point in providing a widget in the GUI.

IIRC the 'adslctl' command is specific to Broadcom chipsets, and the
DG834G V1,V2, and V3 all have TI AR7 chipsets.

I fancy using the DGTeam firmware on the V5 too, did the produce
anything for it?

I don't believe so. The V5 used a different CPU from the previous
versions, and this was widely regarded as a step backwards.
Old July 29th 12, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Andrew Benham has brought this to us :
If you telnet (or ssh) to the V3, is there an 'adslctl' command ?
On my DG834GT, it's /usr/sbin/adslctl

If the command is missing, then one can't tweak the target SNR and there
would be no point in providing a widget in the GUI.

I just tried that and adslctl is not listed under 'help', so I guess
that explains it - thanks.

Old July 29th 12, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hamster

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
I have three Netgear DG834G modems, a V2, V3 and V5.

I have installed DGTeam firmware on the V2 and the V3 and I am trying
to find the SNR setting in the routers browser interface, but cannot
find it. I read a suggestion that it should be under the Advanced ADSL
settings, but all that is there is a Modulation mode setting. Can
anyone advise where the SNR settings ought to be please?

I fancy using the DGTeam firmware on the V5 too, did the produce
anything for it?

Of the three modems, the V3 achieves the fastest connection speed.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

I believe you need a version with a Broadcom chip and it's just the
DG834G V4 and DG834GT which has it. Others use the TI chip which doesn't
support spoofed SNR reporting.

Rod