Wi-fi on Car Ferry

Old August 16th 12, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Wi-fi on Car Ferry

Was on Stena Lagan from Birkenhead to Belfast this week, was surprised at
the good coverage of the recently installed Wi-fi , received of course in
the public areas but much to my surprise in our cabin.
Thought the metal construction of a ship would limit it.
One stays in hotels and can't get coverage in bed rooms.
Regards
David

Old August 16th 12, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

David wrote:
Was on Stena Lagan from Birkenhead to Belfast this week, was surprised
at the good coverage of the recently installed Wi-fi , received of
course in the public areas but much to my surprise in our cabin.
Thought the metal construction of a ship would limit it.

It would, but the technology to spray it down leaky coax etc etc has
probably be installed.

One stays in hotels and can't get coverage in bed rooms.

Does one?: One hasn't got the money to stay in a hotel these days.

Regards
David

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Old August 16th 12, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:05:58 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

David wrote:
Was on Stena Lagan from Birkenhead to Belfast this week, was surprised
at the good coverage of the recently installed Wi-fi , received of
course in the public areas but much to my surprise in our cabin.
Thought the metal construction of a ship would limit it.

It would, but the technology to spray it down leaky coax etc etc has
probably be installed.

More likley multiple access points.

One stays in hotels and can't get coverage in bed rooms.

Does one?: One hasn't got the money to stay in a hotel these days.

Regards
David

--
Graham.