Tiscali outgoing mail server

Old September 12th 12, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Tiscali outgoing mail server

Anyone know what has happened to tiscali's (TalkTalk) outgoing email
server please?

Inbound is working, but outgoing is just sat there in my outbox. I'm
using smtp.tiscali.co.uk as the outgoing server.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old September 12th 12, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

.uk...

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1668/~/what-are-talktalk's-email-settings%3F#TalkTalk

Old September 12th 12, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

on 12/09/2012, Alan supposed :

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...

Anyone know what has happened to tiscali's (TalkTalk) outgoing email server
please?

Inbound is working, but outgoing is just sat there in my outbox. I'm using
smtp.tiscali.co.uk as the outgoing server.

My settings are correct and have worked fine for years.

Old September 12th 12, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 12/09/2012, Alan supposed :

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...

Anyone know what has happened to tiscali's (TalkTalk) outgoing email
server please?

Inbound is working, but outgoing is just sat there in my outbox. I'm
using smtp.tiscali.co.uk as the outgoing server.

My settings are correct and have worked fine for years.

$ telnet smtp.tiscali.co.uk 15
Trying 212.74.100.35...

From here, its firewalled out. Or down

Try from where you are

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Old September 12th 12, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

The Natural Philosopher explained :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 12/09/2012, Alan supposed :

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...

Anyone know what has happened to tiscali's (TalkTalk) outgoing email
server please?

Inbound is working, but outgoing is just sat there in my outbox. I'm
using smtp.tiscali.co.uk as the outgoing server.

My settings are correct and have worked fine for years.

$ telnet smtp.tiscali.co.uk 15
Trying 212.74.100.35...

From here, its firewalled out. Or down

Try from where you are

It seems to be back to normal now.

Old September 12th 12, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

$ telnet smtp.tiscali.co.uk 15
Trying 212.74.100.35...

*cough* helps if you use the right port.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Old September 12th 12, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

$ telnet smtp.tiscali.co.uk 15
Trying 212.74.100.35...

*cough* helps if you use the right port.

i did..it got mistyped.