Orange broadband down?

Old September 12th 12, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

Default Orange broadband down?

My router shows a DHCP-assigned WAN IP address and DNS servers, but no
data will pass. Several router re-boots are not having an effect.

Couple of mates also on Orange with same scenario. Anyone know what's
going on? I've tried callign Orange but after 30 minutes I gave up and
they have thier "Extermely busy" recorded voice on instead of the
ususal "we are receiving a high volume of calls" recording.
Old September 12th 12, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown

On 12/09/2012 18:27, Jon Parker wrote:
My router shows a DHCP-assigned WAN IP address and DNS servers, but no
data will pass. Several router re-boots are not having an effect.

Strange. I have routing on Orange up north. And due to a little local
difficulty with the wet string to the local exchange am dropping the
line every couple of hours due to noise glitches.

Couple of mates also on Orange with same scenario. Anyone know what's
going on? I've tried callign Orange but after 30 minutes I gave up and
they have thier "Extermely busy" recorded voice on instead of the
ususal "we are receiving a high volume of calls" recording.

Possible something is up somewhere but it seems OK from here.

My datarates at 700k for streaming are in a death spiral but that is
local exchange / line noise related rather than Oranges problem.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown