End of Orange Free Broadband

Old September 15th 12, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

Default End of Orange Free Broadband

Like many others recently, I've just received notification that my free
broadband from Orange (on the back of a mobile phone contract) is coming to
an end shortly (although curiously the email and letter notifications given
totally different end dates!)

Leaving aside the merits/demerits of Orange's broadband service and/or
whether Orange can do this to it's customers (one of the T&Cs is that it can
change the T&Cs as and when it wants, so I doubt anyone will have a leg to
stand on), is Plusnet the best way to go now...?

Old September 15th 12, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Victor Delta wrote:

is Plusnet the best way to go now...?

Don't know about *the* best, but certainly a good option IMO, they're
reachable if you need them, they report any downtime honestly, and have
a tame representative on usenet who's good at sorting out niggles if
they occur.

'value' is cheap if your exchange is Market3, pay a bit more for 'extra'
if you need 60GB/month rather than 10GB, add the 'pro' option for
lighter traffic shaping.

They've revamped their fibre packages too (previously were a bit "meh").

Old September 16th 12, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

On 15/09/12 15:55, Victor Delta wrote:
Like many others recently, I've just received notification that my free
broadband from Orange (on the back of a mobile phone contract) is coming
to an end shortly (although curiously the email and letter notifications
given totally different end dates!)

Leaving aside the merits/demerits of Orange's broadband service and/or
whether Orange can do this to it's customers (one of the T&Cs is that it
can change the T&Cs as and when it wants, so I doubt anyone will have a
leg to stand on), is Plusnet the best way to go now...?

I don't know if it helps but I've just (Friday) moved from Orange to
Plusnet. I moved because we've just got fibre in the village but Orange
won't be offering it until October (and don't know how much it will
cost!) whereas Plusnet have it now - erm, obviously.

I rang their help line because I hadn't received any confirmation e-mail
and a very nice Sheffield man said they'd definitely sent it. I then
discovered it in my Spam Box

So far, so excellent.

Another Dave
Old September 17th 12, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 16/09/2012 16:47, Another Dave wrote:
[...]

Welcome aboard!

Old September 17th 12, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Another Dave" wrote in message
[...]

BT do that too. Worse they forward external fake BT emails down the private
cable between their exchange and my house.

So far, so excellent.

Another Dave

Old September 17th 12, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

Victor Delta wrote:
Like many others recently, I've just received notification that my
free broadband from Orange (on the back of a mobile phone contract)
is coming to an end shortly (although curiously the email and letter
notifications given totally different end dates!)

Leaving aside the merits/demerits of Orange's broadband service and/or
whether Orange can do this to it's customers (one of the T&Cs is that
it can change the T&Cs as and when it wants, so I doubt anyone will
have a leg to stand on), is Plusnet the best way to go now...?

Bum, as i have an Orange contract mobile phone i was planning to go to
Orange BB after my Sky BB contract ends

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and £5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old September 21st 12, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article , Steve Terry
writes
Victor Delta wrote:
Like many others recently, I've just received notification that my
free broadband from Orange (on the back of a mobile phone contract)
is coming to an end shortly (although curiously the email and letter
notifications given totally different end dates!)

Leaving aside the merits/demerits of Orange's broadband service and/or
whether Orange can do this to it's customers (one of the T&Cs is that
it can change the T&Cs as and when it wants, so I doubt anyone will
have a leg to stand on), is Plusnet the best way to go now...?

Bum, as i have an Orange contract mobile phone i was planning to go to
Orange BB after my Sky BB contract ends

It may be dependent on spend, I look after BB for someone with a healthy
monthly spend and no letter here yet. That said I'd welcome termination
as I could force sign up with a better provider.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .