TalkTalk

Old October 9th 12, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Borland

Default TalkTalk

Hi -

I have been with TT since they started (don't laugh). Bandwidth
was lousy and gradually got worse over the years. But as I don't
want to download films or anything like that, it sufficed for my
needs - especially their free international calls (my daughter
lives in Australia and my better-half seems to talk to her about
nothing in particular at regular intervals).

So far, so good. But in the past few days the connection has
failed completely for hours at a time on several occasions. When
the system is working, the bandwidth is greatly improved, although
still very poor. What I would like to know is whether anyone else
in this neighbourhood (Bromley, Kent) is having similar difficulties
with TT, and does anyone know what is happening?

TIA, and regards,
--
Bill Borland

Old October 9th 12, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
michael adams

"Bill Borland" wrote in message
[...]

Here's the current TT status page.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/service-status/

Not sure if anything there applies to your area.

Compared with some other ISP's status pages either TT have had a
lot more problems of late, or they simply own up to having more.

michael adams

Old October 9th 12, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Borland

In article , michael
adams writes

Here's the current TT status page.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/service-status/

Not sure if anything there applies to your area.

Thank you, but my exchange is not among the many admitting to trouble.
--
Bill Borland

Old October 9th 12, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Bill Borland wrote ...

Hi -

I have been with TT since they started (don't laugh). Bandwidth
was lousy and gradually got worse over the years. But as I don't
want to download films or anything like that, it sufficed for my
needs - especially their free international calls (my daughter
lives in Australia and my better-half seems to talk to her about
nothing in particular at regular intervals).

So far, so good. But in the past few days the connection has
failed completely for hours at a time on several occasions. When
the system is working, the bandwidth is greatly improved, although
still very poor. What I would like to know is whether anyone else
in this neighbourhood (Bromley, Kent) is having similar difficulties
with TT, and does anyone know what is happening?

TIA, and regards,

A simple comparison. Everyone using Sky for broadband and phone in
Orpington went off-line about 3 weeks ago. Within 12 hours everything
was back up and running.

Old October 10th 12, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

Timmy considered Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:03:42 +0100 the
perfect time to write:

[...]

That's irrelevant - it was clearly a different type of problem.
I'd expect the OPs problem to be associated with the recent weather
conditions, although it's also possible that TT have been messing
about with the connection in some way (shifting to LLU, changing to
21cn, or something along those lines).

Some router stats would help diagnosis - look back in the group
history to see some examples of the information that's useful.
Old October 10th 12, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Phil W Lee wrote ...

A simple comparison. Everyone using Sky for broadband and phone in
Orpington went off-line about 3 weeks ago. Within 12 hours everything
was back up and running.

That's irrelevant - it was clearly a different type of problem.
I'd expect the OPs problem to be associated with the recent weather
conditions, although it's also possible that TT have been messing
about with the connection in some way (shifting to LLU, changing to
21cn, or something along those lines).

Some router stats would help diagnosis - look back in the group
history to see some examples of the information that's useful.

What a bag of arse. TT like Sky only have equipment at the exchanges.
When did it last rain in an exchange?
People get what they pay for, TT is cheap and when things go wrong, they
can't afford to fix it or don't have sufficient well trained staff to
solve the problems.
TT are LLU'd on that exchange and have been for years.

Old October 10th 12, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flop

On 09/10/2012 15:18, Bill Borland wrote:
Hi -

I have been with TT since they started (don't laugh). Bandwidth
was lousy and gradually got worse over the years. But as I don't
want to download films or anything like that, it sufficed for my
needs - especially their free international calls (my daughter
lives in Australia and my better-half seems to talk to her about
nothing in particular at regular intervals).

So far, so good. But in the past few days the connection has
failed completely for hours at a time on several occasions. When
the system is working, the bandwidth is greatly improved, although
still very poor. What I would like to know is whether anyone else
in this neighbourhood (Bromley, Kent) is having similar difficulties
with TT, and does anyone know what is happening?

TIA, and regards,

I think that you can access this:

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Although it is Plusnet, it will give BT outages for your exchange.

Flop

Old October 11th 12, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Borland

In article , Flop
writes

I think that you can access this:

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Although it is Plusnet, it will give BT outages for your exchange.

Thanks to Flop and the others who replied. No replies from Bromley
so apparently nobody else here uses TT and also reads this newsgroup!

It now seems probable that the fault was at my end - a dodgy router -
so we'll see if a new one improves things.

Thanks again,
--
Bill Borland

Old October 11th 12, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Timmy wrote

Phil W Lee wrote ...

[...]

TalkTalk are the biggest bunch of ****s in the business.

Their speciality is to drag their heels on contract termination -
usually a few months, which with their high churn rate makes them
millions extra. A frind of mine is a lawyer and he does a fair bit of
work suing them.

The crooks refused to get off my Mum's phone line (in a care home now,
with dementia) and dishonestly changed the account name from hers to
mine, then they used a firm of crooked lawyers to try to serve a CCJ
on me.

It went on for months. I resolved it only by threatening to report
their chief exec for a breach of the DPA, for which he would be
personally criminally liable. That worked. It was actually a person at
a Carphone Warehouse shop who gave me that tip; he hates TT too since
they give CW a bad name

TT are a disgusting load of crooks and shysters.
Old October 11th 12, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Peter wrote ...

[...]

I know, which is why I get ****ed when some knob attempts to defend
them.