Sam Knows not as good maybe as it used to be.

Old October 29th 12, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Sam Knows not as good maybe as it used to be.

I'm with Be Unlimited at present and the deal I had negotiated with expires
in a month I looked at Sam Knows and he only knows of BT fibre and Virgin in
my location..

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT FTTC
O2 / Be LLU
Bulldog LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Virgin Media (Cable)

Is there a better site to look at, thought Plusnet and Sky were doing fibre.

I have done speed estimates for the LLU s and they give less speed than I
get now but a little cheaper than Be, strange for same line, wonder if they
restricting the speed.
BT fibre frighten me with prices, and frightened of being limited and slowed
down, and of course their bad customer service reputation.

Regards
David

Old October 29th 12, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

David wrote:

I looked at Sam Knows and he only knows of BT fibre and Virgin in my
location.. Is there a better site to look at, thought Plusnet and Sky
were doing fibre.

Anywhere that the wholesale product BT FTTC is available, you can buy it
as the retail product BT Infinity, or as the corresponding fibre product
from any other provider, such as Plusnet.

I have done speed estimates for the LLU s and they give less speed than I
get now but a little cheaper than Be, strange for same line, wonder if they
restricting the speed.

The other LLU operators tend to be more liberal with the parameters on
their DSLAMs than BT Openreach, squeezing a bit more speed out of the line.

http://portal.plus.net/fibre-broadband

Old October 29th 12, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Try www.superfast-openreach.co.uk which will tell you when fibre
is coming your way - or even if it is there already.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old October 29th 12, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Woody" wrote in message

Try www.superfast-openreach.co.uk which will tell you when fibre is coming
your way - or even if it is there already.

Yes that site tells me my BT exchange has fibre BT Infinity, what I'm after
is a site that says which other ISPs offer fibre from there.
I assume they would use the BT fibre like they arrange to use BT copper now.
Regards
David

Old October 29th 12, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AquiMM6uTUUzdHl4RGRZcnE1WWw0S VlLcVlzQWZuVFE&output=html

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old October 29th 12, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 29/10/2012 19:19, David wrote:

"Woody" wrote in message

Try www.superfast-openreach.co.uk which will tell you when fibre is
coming your way - or even if it is there already.

Yes that site tells me my BT exchange has fibre BT Infinity, what I'm
after is a site that says which other ISPs offer fibre from there.

That site does. Scroll down to the bottom of the first page and you'll
see an ever-changing list of the logos of ISPs who do offer it.

I assume they would use the BT fibre like they arrange to use BT copper
now.

Yes. Don't just assume it's a BT product. It's available to all ISP's
and most of them offer it.
Best check with your favourite ISP(s) and ask the question.

George

Old October 29th 12, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

George Weston wrote:

Yes. Don't just assume it's a BT product. It's available to all ISP's
and most of them offer it.

Really, I only count about 20 ISPs offering FTTC at present ?

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old October 29th 12, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:01:44 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Or if there are no plans to ever bring it your way.
--
Davey.
Old October 29th 12, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sump

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:43:59 -0000, "David"
wrote:

Is there a better site to look at, thought Plusnet and Sky were doing fibre.

Try

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

and their mapping site.

http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/

--
Sumpbuster
Old October 29th 12, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Mark Carver (for it is he) wrote:

George Weston wrote:

Yes. Don't just assume it's a BT product. It's available to all ISP's
and most of them offer it.

Really, I only count about 20 ISPs offering FTTC at present ?

Yes, really. Any ISP who is selling BT ADSL can sell BT FTTC as well.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:20:41 up 22 days, 9:41, 5 users, load average: 0.54, 0.54, 0.50