Orange Member Centre Logged into Someone Else's Account

Old November 1st 12, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
stephen

Default Orange Member Centre Logged into Someone Else's Account

Today I logged in to Orange member centre to check my home bb statement, and I was presented with a different customer's details.

The Profile screen showed my own info but the Statement and Account sections showed this other persons details.

I called support and was palmed off with a bunch of nonsense about how sometimes the system "pings the wrong IP address when you log in, which can take you to the wrong account. They didn't sound too interested in the problem.

Anyway, just thought I should let people know that their account information might be available to other customers.
Old November 1st 12, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

stephen wrote:
Today I logged in to Orange member centre to check my home bb
statement, and I was presented with a different customer's details.

The Profile screen showed my own info but the Statement and Account
sections showed this other persons details.

I called support and was palmed off with a bunch of nonsense about
how sometimes the system "pings the wrong IP address when you log in,
which can take you to the wrong account. They didn't sound too
interested in the problem.

Anyway, just thought I should let people know that their account
information might be available to other customers.

Make a complaint to the ICO

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old November 2nd 12, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 21:58:58 -0000, "Steve Terry"
wrote:

stephen wrote:
Today I logged in to Orange member centre to check my home bb
statement, and I was presented with a different customer's details.

The Profile screen showed my own info but the Statement and Account
sections showed this other persons details.

I called support and was palmed off with a bunch of nonsense about
how sometimes the system "pings the wrong IP address when you log in,
which can take you to the wrong account. They didn't sound too
interested in the problem.

Anyway, just thought I should let people know that their account
information might be available to other customers.

Make a complaint to the ICO

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

IME the ICO is as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot.

Orange's web sites are nearly always broken. Nearly every time I try
to log in to my mobile phone account it's not working. Their phone
system is equally bad so I often fail to get through. Thank god my
contract ends next week. Goodbye Orange forever.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old November 3rd 12, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

wrote:
stephen wrote:
[...]

Be fair, Oranges @orange.net email registrations server has been
broken most of the time for ten years or more.
It takes amazing consistent effort to be fecked for so long.

Steve Terry