Fibre to the Cabinet - Tile Hill

Old November 5th 12, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hill

Default Fibre to the Cabinet - Tile Hill

SAMKNOWS and various other sources have reported for many months that the
Tile Hill exchange in Coventry will get FTTC coverage in the 4th quarter of
2012.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/CMTIL now shows FTTC status as
"Available in some areas". Annoyingly I am not in one of those areas!

Does anyone have any experience of this happening in other areas (or
specific information about Tile Hill) which might indicate whether all areas
are likely to be connected eventually or are those of us a long distance
from the exchange likely to be disappointed?

Old November 5th 12, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Andrew Hill (for it is he) wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of this happening in other areas (or
specific information about Tile Hill)

There's a contraband spreadsheet on google docs with cab-specific info
knocking about, someone will post a link shortly.

which might indicate whether all areas are likely to be connected
eventually

It's not certain that every cab will ever be connected.

or are those of us a long distance from the exchange likely to be
disappointed?

I guess BT are doing FTTC cabs on the basis of how many subscribers they're
likely to connect on each one [as it costs them something like 10-20k per
cab]. Being a long way from the exchange may be correlated with being out in
the sticks [ie less densely populated] so may mean you're less likely to be
connected.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:55:51 up 29 days, 11:16, 5 users, load average: 0.24, 0.37, 0.38

Old November 6th 12, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:59:49 +0000, alexd
wrote:

Andrew Hill (for it is he) wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of this happening in other areas (or
specific information about Tile Hill)

There's a contraband spreadsheet on google docs with cab-specific info
knocking about, someone will post a link shortly.

I found the BT broadband checker was the best. It told me my cabinet
would be enabled. Don't rely on the dates though.

which might indicate whether all areas are likely to be connected
eventually

It's not certain that every cab will ever be connected.

or are those of us a long distance from the exchange likely to be
disappointed?

I guess BT are doing FTTC cabs on the basis of how many subscribers they're
likely to connect on each one [as it costs them something like 10-20k per
cab]. Being a long way from the exchange may be correlated with being out in
the sticks [ie less densely populated] so may mean you're less likely to be
connected.

That's the general consensus. However we are "out in the sticks" and
have FTTC. Thank god since the ADSL performance was abysmal.

--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?