Vodafone - if you don't make enough calls then you'll get cut off

Old November 9th 12, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

Default Vodafone - if you don't make enough calls then you'll get cut off

Then Vodaphone will not only reallocate your no. to another customer,
but you will also lose all credit on that no. Other mobile telcos have
similar T&Cs.

Frankly this is out right theft - but then the whole mobile industry
is riddled with such scams and fraud. Anyway see:

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/househ...-calls-cut-off

So if you have a spare phone for emergencies then use it at least once
every 180 days or so (check the T&Cs).

Also be warned that if you have a smart phone and only use this for
Skype calls (being 'smart' it will also do calls to the UK - unlike
Three's S2) then you will also be deemed not to be making enough
calls.

CJB.
Old November 9th 12, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 07:25:44 -0800 (PST), CJB
wrote:

Then Vodaphone will not only reallocate your no. to another customer,
but you will also lose all credit on that no. Other mobile telcos have
similar T&Cs.

Frankly this is out right theft - but then the whole mobile industry
is riddled with such scams and fraud. Anyway see:

I have a Spanish Vodafone SIM and what you say is true but you do get
a 3 month period of grace to top up before losing your number and
dosh.

It's even worse in Spain, in that you have to top up (not just make a
call) every six months to keep full functionality.

I won't use Vodafone in the UK but in Spain all the companies impose
the same conditions.
Old November 10th 12, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

"CJB" wrote in message
Then Vodaphone will not only reallocate your no. to another customer,
but you will also lose all credit on that no. Other mobile telcos have
similar T&Cs.

Frankly this is out right theft - but then the whole mobile industry
is riddled with such scams and fraud.

Indeed. O2 PAYG demand that I make a chargeable call every six months, and
use up - on average - a penny a day.

If only I could buy off all my other creditors at a penny a day I'd be a
happy man!

PA

Old November 10th 12, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Dave Saville

This thread made me check the wife's mobile which has been switched
off for nearly a year due to illness. Still works and still has
credit. Virgin Mobile.
--
Regards
Dave Saville
Old November 10th 12, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Graham.

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 17:22:37 +0000 (UTC), "Dave Saville"
wrote:

This thread made me check the wife's mobile which has been switched
off for nearly a year due to illness. Still works and still has
credit. Virgin Mobile.

Here is my experience of a long dormant Virgin SIM
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/uk...XuM/discussion

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old November 10th 12, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Peter Able" [email protected] wrote in message
o.uk...

"CJB" wrote in message
Then Vodaphone will not only reallocate your no. to another
customer,
but you will also lose all credit on that no. Other mobile
telcos have
similar T&Cs.

Frankly this is out right theft - but then the whole mobile
industry
is riddled with such scams and fraud.

Indeed. O2 PAYG demand that I make a chargeable call every six
months, and use up - on average - a penny a day.

If only I could buy off all my other creditors at a penny a day
I'd be a happy man!

You should be thankful that you only have to establish a
chargeable event - sending a text is cheapest.

In France the only way you can keep a number going is to top it
up - and that must be done every eight weeks or less. If you
don't you loose the number and the credit and you can't get it
back!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old November 10th 12, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

CJB wrote ...

Then Vodaphone will not only reallocate your no. to another customer,
but you will also lose all credit on that no. Other mobile telcos have
similar T&Cs.

Frankly this is out right theft - but then the whole mobile industry
is riddled with such scams and fraud. Anyway see:

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/househ...-calls-cut-off

So if you have a spare phone for emergencies then use it at least once
every 180 days or so (check the T&Cs).

Also be warned that if you have a smart phone and only use this for
Skype calls (being 'smart' it will also do calls to the UK - unlike
Three's S2) then you will also be deemed not to be making enough
calls.

CJB.

Orange insist customers make a call every 6 months. Must be new, as I
was sent a text about it in the last couple of weeks.

Old November 10th 12, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cummins

We were about to embark at Dover, when (CJB) came
up to me and whispered:

Then Vodaphone

Never heard of thewm - not a telco in the UK.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

---- If it's below this line, I didn't write it ----
Old November 10th 12, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Timmy

Paul Cummins wrote ...

We were about to embark at Dover, when (CJB) came
up to me and whispered:

Then Vodaphone

Never heard of thewm - not a telco in the UK.

"thewm" ain't a word in my dictionary either.

If I had a quid for every spellung ****tard who ****ed up
I'd have a quid.