Orange Scams Broadband Users - (sorry for repost)

Old November 22nd 12, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

Default Orange Scams Broadband Users - (sorry for repost)

Customers furious as Orange axe free broadband deal

Orange backtracks on free broadband axe - but only if customers
complain

Many Orange customers took out a mobile contract after being promised
that the deal would include free broadband

Orange is facing a revolt from hundreds of customers furious at the
phone giant's decision to axe a promise of free broadband midway
through their contracts.

The mobile operator announced in August it would cut free home
broadband for up to 90,000 mobile customers unless they fork out an
extra 160.50 a year for a landline.

After being faced with claims that it breached contracts, Orange has
begun to quietly settle with customers who threatened legal action.

===

Orange is facing a revolt from hundreds of customers furious at the
phone giant's decision to axe a promise of free broadband midway
through their contracts.

The mobile operator announced in August it would cut free home
broadband for up to 90,000 mobile customers unless they fork out an
extra 160.50 a year for a landline.

Now many who signed up to the expensive, lengthy deal to qualify for
the perk are fighting back with threats of legal action and forcing
the company to change its mind.

After being faced with claims that it breached contracts, Orange has
begun to quietly settle with a number of customers.

===

More at

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...4/Orange-backt...

===
Old November 26th 12, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 04:08:09 -0800 (PST), CJB
wrote:

Customers furious as Orange axe free broadband deal

Orange backtracks on free broadband axe - but only if customers
complain

--snip--

I'm surprised Orange have any customers left. They kept trying to add
extra charges to my phone contract.

--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old November 26th 12, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

wrote:

Customers furious as Orange axe free broadband deal

Orange backtracks on free broadband axe - but only if customers
complain

--snip--

I'm surprised Orange have any customers left. They kept trying to add
extra charges to my phone contract.

And the difference to other mobile SP's is?

O2 started charging for calls to 08xx numbers, MMS and a host of other
things. Now I refer to saynot0870.co.uk and send emails instead of MMS and
O2 are no better off!

Old November 26th 12, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
CJB

wrote:

Customers furious as Orange axe free broadband deal

Orange backtracks on free broadband axe - but only if customers
complain

--snip--

I'm surprised Orange have any customers left. *They kept trying to add
extra charges to my phone contract.

And the difference to other mobile SP's is?

O2 started charging for calls to 08xx numbers, MMS and a host of other
things. *Now I refer to saynot0870.co.uk and send emails instead of MMS and
O2 are no better off!

0800xxxx is still free with GiffGaFF (on O2) so far ...
Old November 27th 12, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 04:08:09 -0800 (PST), CJB
wrote:

snip
O2 started charging for calls to 08xx numbers, MMS and a host of
other things. Now I refer to saynot0870.co.uk and send emails
instead of MMS and O2 are no better off!

0800xxxx is still free with GiffGaFF (on O2) so far ...

Ofcom are supposed to be enforcing free 0800 for all networks next year
(postponed from this year)

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old November 27th 12, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:38:04 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Customers furious as Orange axe free broadband deal

Orange backtracks on free broadband axe - but only if customers
complain

--snip--

I'm surprised Orange have any customers left. They kept trying to add
extra charges to my phone contract.

And the difference to other mobile SP's is?

Very little. They all compete to be the worst. TBH I am considering
going back to Virgin even though they are expensive since at least you
get some service.

O2 started charging for calls to 08xx numbers, MMS and a host of other
things. Now I refer to saynot0870.co.uk and send emails instead of MMS and
O2 are no better off!

I hate bloody 08* numbers. I can never remember which ones I get for
free and which ones I have to pay for.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old November 27th 12, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
tony sayer

In article , Mark [email protected]
lotsofspamanymore.invalid scribeth thus
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:38:04 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Customers furious as Orange axe free broadband deal

Orange backtracks on free broadband axe - but only if customers
complain

--snip--

I'm surprised Orange have any customers left. They kept trying to add
extra charges to my phone contract.

And the difference to other mobile SP's is?

Very little. They all compete to be the worst. TBH I am considering
going back to Virgin even though they are expensive since at least you
get some service.

Well I've a long standing complaint with Muppetfone that they can't seem
to sort out, and I did call Virgin the other day and at least got to
speak to someone in an English call centre;!..

Quite a nice surprise...

O2 started charging for calls to 08xx numbers, MMS and a host of other
things. Now I refer to saynot0870.co.uk and send emails instead of MMS and
O2 are no better off!

I hate bloody 08* numbers. I can never remember which ones I get for
free and which ones I have to pay for.

Saynoto0870 is your friend...

--
Tony Sayer

Old November 27th 12, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article
, CJB
writes

The mobile operator announced in August it would cut free home
broadband for up to 90,000 mobile customers unless they fork out an
extra 160.50 a year for a landline.

Shoddy reporting, was anyone asked to pay an extra 160.50 a year for a
landline, or were they just asked to transfer their line rental to
Orange?

That apart, a good result for the customers although I've still to find
anyone on a proper high spend that was asked to make the switch.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Old November 27th 12, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:46:09 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , Mark [email protected]
lotsofspamanymore.invalid scribeth thus

--snip--
I hate bloody 08* numbers. I can never remember which ones I get for
free and which ones I have to pay for.

Saynoto0870 is your friend...

Actually I get 0870 numbers free, but not 0845, 0844 :-(
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old November 27th 12, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

wrote:

Saynoto0870 is your friend...

Actually I get 0870 numbers free, but not 0845, 0844 :-(

For the record, the SNT0870 database tends to have many different entries
for each number, for this very reason.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:59:03 up 13 days, 3 min, 5 users, load average: 0.71, 0.68, 0.66