How long to wait for Noise margin and BRAS to reset..

Old December 3rd 12, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Default How long to wait for Noise margin and BRAS to reset..

Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died
completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and
noise margin..how long does it take to reset?

I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN...

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old December 3rd 12, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died
completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and
noise margin..how long does it take to reset?

I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN...

How long is a piece of string?

IDNet is your ISP. Bother them, that is what they are there for. They
will request that your BRAS profile be reset, but this is actually
implemented by BT so might be queued for action overnight.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm has some discussion ...

--
Graham J

Old December 3rd 12, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died
completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and
noise margin..how long does it take to reset?

I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN...

About 14 days of stability :-(

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
Old December 4th 12, 03:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 03/12/12 21:11, Graham J wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died
completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and
noise margin..how long does it take to reset?

I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN...

How long is a piece of string?

IDNet is your ISP. Bother them, that is what they are there for. They
will request that your BRAS profile be reset, but this is actually
implemented by BT so might be queued for action overnight.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm has some discussion ...

No: I wanted to know how long before it 'naturally' resets itself....

Old December 4th 12, 03:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 03/12/12 22:33, PeeGee wrote:
Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died
completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and
noise margin..how long does it take to reset?

I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN...

About 14 days of stability :-(

OK. that's not that bad

Its OKish - syncing at 5.6Mbps and a 3.5 BRAS
But it normally does 4.5 BRAS

Old December 4th 12, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 03:45:19 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 03/12/12 21:11, Graham J wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died
completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and
noise margin..how long does it take to reset?

I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN...

How long is a piece of string?

IDNet is your ISP. Bother them, that is what they are there for. They
will request that your BRAS profile be reset, but this is actually
implemented by BT so might be queued for action overnight.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm has some discussion ...

No: I wanted to know how long before it 'naturally' resets itself....

About 3 days IIRC.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old December 4th 12, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

On 03/12/12 22:33, PeeGee wrote:
Had a purple patch of connectivity, eventually the router died
completely. New one is p0liumbed in but I've lost the decent BRAS and
noise margin..how long does it take to reset?

I am not sure I want to bother IDnet AGAIN...

About 14 days of stability :-(

OK. that's not that bad

Its OKish - syncing at 5.6Mbps and a 3.5 BRAS
But it normally does 4.5 BRAS

--
Ineptocracy

lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members
of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.

They all claim that this recovers given time - and so it seems to do on
connections provisioned with Quantised Profiling. Prior to QP, though, I
always had to persuade/beg the ISP to reset the DSLAM - and that meant you
had to get past the Support Script Monkeys :-{{

PA

Old December 5th 12, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 04/12/12 19:02, Peter Able wrote:
On 03/12/12 22:33, PeeGee wrote:
[...]

Dont have to beg. I just email them explaining what has happened and
why, and IDnet just do it.

PA