plusnet to provide unlimited broadband???

Old December 16th 12, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim.....

Default plusnet to provide unlimited broadband???

Can anyone explain this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ited-broadband.

It says that the charges are going to be 5.99 for the 10Gb limited service
and 9.99 for Unlimited,

But according to the website they are currently 6.49 for 10Gb and 11.49
capped at 60Gb (which is what I am paying)

Whilst I'm not overly worried about the 1.50, I will be mightily pee-ed off
if I'm paying more for a capped service than new customers can get
unlimited.

What's going on here?

It says that the change is from Wednesday but there's nothing on the website
yet

(and before anyone asks, yes I do have the "home phone package")

tim

Old December 16th 12, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

tim..... wrote:

Whilst I'm not overly worried about the 1.50, I will be mightily pee-ed off
if I'm paying more for a capped service than new customers can get
unlimited.

Presumably there'll be no reason you can't upgrade to the newer package?
Will likely reset your minimum contract length to 12 months, but in the
past there's been no bar to upgrading even if you've recently upgraded.

Old December 16th 12, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tim.....

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
tim..... wrote:

Whilst I'm not overly worried about the 1.50, I will be mightily pee-ed
off
if I'm paying more for a capped service than new customers can get
unlimited.

Presumably there'll be no reason you can't upgrade to the newer package?
Will likely reset your minimum contract length to 12 months, but in the
past there's been no bar to upgrading even if you've recently upgraded.

I'm on a monthly contract

I paid a 25 pounds set up fee and paid for the modem to achieve this.

And this is the basic offering on the web page where the only fixed term
"deal" on offer is at the same price but the modem is free.

tim

Old December 16th 12, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

On 16/12/2012 20:32, tim..... wrote:
Can anyone explain this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ited-broadband.

It says that the charges are going to be 5.99 for the 10Gb limited
service and 9.99 for Unlimited,

But according to the website they are currently 6.49 for 10Gb and 11.49
capped at 60Gb (which is what I am paying)

Whilst I'm not overly worried about the 1.50, I will be mightily pee-ed
off if I'm paying more for a capped service than new customers can get
unlimited.

What's going on here?

Is it truly unlimited or is there a "fair use policy"?

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old December 16th 12, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:32:07 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

Can anyone explain this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...ited-broadband.

It says that the charges are going to be 5.99 for the 10Gb limited service
and 9.99 for Unlimited,

But according to the website they are currently 6.49 for 10Gb and 11.49
capped at 60Gb (which is what I am paying)

Whilst I'm not overly worried about the 1.50, I will be mightily pee-ed off
if I'm paying more for a capped service than new customers can get
unlimited.

The article says: "But from Wednesday the Sheffield-based broadband
company is allowing new and existing customers on its basic deal to
upgrade to an unlimited service for an extra 4 a month"

Notice new *and existing*

What's going on here?

It says that the change is from Wednesday but there's nothing on the website
yet

Presumably, it will be changed on Wednesday.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Buy Land Now. It's Not Being Made Any More.
Old December 16th 12, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Old Codger wrote:

Is it truly unlimited or is there a "fair use policy"?

Seems to be up to 16Mbps rather than up to 24Mbps which places an upper
limit of 168GB/month ... If I hammered my 2Mbps line all month long I'd
only use 1/3 of my 60GB limit.

Old December 16th 12, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Alex Heney wrote:

wrote:

It says that the change is from Wednesday but there's nothing on the website yet

Presumably, it will be changed on Wednesday.

Cats & Bags ...

http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/...ly-at-plusnet/

Old December 16th 12, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

http://community.plus.net/wp-content...n_pricing1.png

Old December 16th 12, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan LeHun

In article ,
says...
If I hammered my 2Mbps line all month long I'd
only use 1/3 of my 60GB limit.

Mmm. Are you sure about that?

--
Alan LeHun
Reply-to is valid. Add "BPSF" to subject: to bypass spam filters.
Old December 16th 12, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Alan LeHun wrote:

says...

If I hammered my 2Mbps line all month long I'd
only use 1/3 of my 60GB limit.

Mmm. Are you sure about that?

Oh, Err no, that'd per day ...