Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband in Top Ten fastest ISP

Old December 17th 12, 08:01 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

Default Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband in Top Ten fastest ISP

Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband finds itself in 7th position in
speedtest.net wave results

http://www.speedtest.net/wave/b431b67e55a57f60?a=i

Proud to be a Channel Islander.

Old December 17th 12, 08:07 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 17/12/12 20:01, Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband finds itself in 7th
position in speedtest.net wave results

http://www.speedtest.net/wave/b431b67e55a57f60?a=i

Proud to be a Channel Islander.

You can thank me for installing the islands original Jersey Telecoms
internet connection then :-)

They had ghastly Al cable everywhere and DSL was never going to work
properly - looks like they have simply bypassed it now.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old December 17th 12, 08:11 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Jaimie Vandenbergh

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:07:41 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 17/12/12 20:01, Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband finds itself in 7th
position in speedtest.net wave results

http://www.speedtest.net/wave/b431b67e55a57f60?a=i

Proud to be a Channel Islander.

You can thank me for installing the islands original Jersey Telecoms
internet connection then :-)

They had ghastly Al cable everywhere and DSL was never going to work
properly - looks like they have simply bypassed it now.

It's the best way to build a next-gen network - skip intermediate
steps entirely, replace horrible ancient old tech (aliminium wires,
ewwww) with shiny (or in this case transparent) new stuff.

Does require very patient customers (or a rigid monopoly!), or easy
swapping between suppliers.

Cheers - Jaimie
looks like work." -- Thomas A. Edison
Old December 17th 12, 08:23 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

wrote:

On 17/12/12 20:01, Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband finds itself in 7th
position in speedtest.net wave results

http://www.speedtest.net/wave/b431b67e55a57f60?a=i

Proud to be a Channel Islander.

You can thank me for installing the islands original Jersey Telecoms
internet connection then :-)

They had ghastly Al cable everywhere and DSL was never going to work
properly - looks like they have simply bypassed it now.

It's the best way to build a next-gen network - skip intermediate
steps entirely, replace horrible ancient old tech (aliminium wires,
ewwww) with shiny (or in this case transparent) new stuff.

Does require very patient customers (or a rigid monopoly!), or easy
swapping between suppliers.

Cheers - Jaimie

And it helps when you have a very small geographical area to cover...
Old December 17th 12, 08:25 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

"George Weston" wrote in message ...
And it helps when you have a very small geographical area to cover...

True but we tend to feel like we are on our own planet here because of the
water all around. Nice to be on the bleeding edge of Internet technology for
a change and no doubt will be for some time to come.

Old December 17th 12, 09:00 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Nick Le Lievre wrote:

Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband
http://www.speedtest.net/wave/b431b67e55a57f60?a=i

What's "giga" about that?
Ping time not very impressive either.

Old December 17th 12, 09:27 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...
Jersey Telecom Fibre Optic Gigabit Broadband
http://www.speedtest.net/wave/b431b67e55a57f60?a=i

What's "giga" about that?
Ping time not very impressive either.

Look down the list for alanpeach3 on Jersey Telecom 957.71 mbit/s download
117.92 upload ping time 0ms.

957.71 is technically a gigabit and it is only until the first hop after
which speeds can do down pretty quickly

Old December 17th 12, 09:37 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Nick Le Lievre wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message

What's "giga" about that?
Ping time not very impressive either.

Look down the list for alanpeach3 on Jersey Telecom 957.71 mbit/s download
117.92 upload ping time 0ms.

Fair enough, on this screen the only numbers visible without scrolling
are 40Mb/s and 67ms ping, the lists aren't visible at all ... isn't it
possible to link direct to the individual test?

Old December 17th 12, 09:44 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...
"Andy Burns" wrote in message

What's "giga" about that?
Ping time not very impressive either.

Look down the list for alanpeach3 on Jersey Telecom 957.71 mbit/s download
117.92 upload ping time 0ms.

Fair enough, on this screen the only numbers visible without scrolling are
40Mb/s and 67ms ping, the lists aren't visible at all ... isn't it possible
to link direct to the individual test?

No its not, here is what it looks like to me

http://tinypic.com/r/i1fivt/6

Old December 17th 12, 11:19 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 17/12/12 20:25, Nick Le Lievre wrote:
"George Weston" wrote in message
And it helps when you have a very small geographical area to cover...

True but we tend to feel like we are on our own planet here because of
the water all around. Nice to be on the bleeding edge of Internet
technology for a change and no doubt will be for some time to come.

And I am chuffed that the Islands are chucking Gigabits around now too.
Greta place for holidays and a good place to work too.