Mixed Homeplugs

Old December 29th 12, 05:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default Mixed Homeplugs

I have three homeplugs in my network, 2 Devolo 200mbps units and one
7dayshop 200mbps unit.

All work fine.

Bought 2 more 7dayshop 200mbps units, can I get them to connect into the
network, can I hell.

What's more, taking out the Devolo units and trying to use just the
three 7dayshop units I still can't get them to connect.

Grrr !!!!

Any tips appreciated.

Geoff Lane
Old December 29th 12, 06:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:25:48 +0000
Geoff Lane wrote:

I have three homeplugs in my network, 2 Devolo 200mbps units and one
7dayshop 200mbps unit.

All work fine.

Bought 2 more 7dayshop 200mbps units, can I get them to connect into
the network, can I hell.

What's more, taking out the Devolo units and trying to use just the
three 7dayshop units I still can't get them to connect.

Grrr !!!!

Same network ID, encryption setting/password on each?

Old December 30th 12, 08:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Daniel James

In article , Geoff Lane
wrote:
I have three homeplugs in my network, 2 Devolo 200mbps units and one
7dayshop 200mbps unit.

All work fine.

Bought 2 more 7dayshop 200mbps units, can I get them to connect
into the network, can I hell.

Are the new 7dayshop units the same make/model as the older one that
works?

Do the two new units work on their own, without any of the old units
(not even the old 7dayshop one) installed?

Can you get /one/ of the new units to talk to /one/ of the old units,
with nothing else installed? Try that with each of them in turn.

I suspect that either the new units are an incompatible make/model that
will never work with the old ones, even though they may be sold as the
same brand as the old 7dayshop unit, or that one (or both) of the new
units is faulty and is messing things up.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Old December 30th 12, 08:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:06:36 -0000
Daniel James wrote:

Are the new 7dayshop units the same make/model as the older one that
works?

Do the two new units work on their own, without any of the old units
(not even the old 7dayshop one) installed?

Can you get /one/ of the new units to talk to /one/ of the old units,
with nothing else installed? Try that with each of them in turn.

I suspect that either the new units are an incompatible make/model
that will never work with the old ones, even though they may be sold
as the same brand as the old 7dayshop unit, or that one (or both) of
the new units is faulty and is messing things up.

Maybe worth checking for firmware updates for the old ones.

Old January 3rd 13, 11:27 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Geoff Lane wrote:

I have three homeplugs in my network, 2 Devolo 200mbps units and one
7dayshop 200mbps unit.

All work fine.

Bought 2 more 7dayshop 200mbps units, can I get them to connect into
the network, can I hell.

What's more, taking out the Devolo units and trying to use just the
three 7dayshop units I still can't get them to connect.

Grrr !!!!

Same network ID, encryption setting/password on each?

The Develo units have NO RESET button so any alterations have to be via
software and I made no alterations at that point.

The 7dayshop units have a reset button which, however I followed the
instructions didn't work.

Following day reset them again and it all worked !!!!!!

Still no idea why they didn't work on day one.

Geoff Lane

Old January 3rd 13, 11:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On 30/12/12 19:06, Daniel James wrote:

I suspect that either the new units are an incompatible make/model that
will never work with the old ones, even though they may be sold as the
same brand as the old 7dayshop unit, or that one (or both) of the new
units is faulty and is messing things up.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Strangely all appear to working fine now.

Geoff

Old January 3rd 13, 11:53 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On 30/12/12 19:24, Rob Morley wrote:

I suspect that either the new units are an incompatible make/model
that will never work with the old ones, even though they may be sold
as the same brand as the old 7dayshop unit, or that one (or both) of
the new units is faulty and is messing things up.

Maybe worth checking for firmware updates for the old ones.

Yes, that's not a bad idea but as mentioned in a previous reply post all
appears to now be working and I have no real idea why they didn't do so
in the first place

Geoff