data downloaded using O2?

Old January 5th 13, 01:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gac

Default data downloaded using O2?

Hello

How can I see how much data I have downloaded today, the last week
etc?

Cheers

Geoff

PS Netmeter costs - are there any free packages?
Old January 5th 13, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:39:33 +0000, gac wrote:

Hello

How can I see how much data I have downloaded today, the last week
etc?

Cheers

Geoff

PS Netmeter costs - are there any free packages?

Well, if it's for a PC, NetMeter is open source now. It hasn't been
developed past XP, so might not work with Vista/7.
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old January 5th 13, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brightside S9

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:01:46 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:39:33 +0000, gac wrote:

Hello

How can I see how much data I have downloaded today, the last week
etc?

Cheers

Geoff

PS Netmeter costs - are there any free packages?

Well, if it's for a PC, NetMeter is open source now. It hasn't been
developed past XP, so might not work with Vista/7.
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

Netmeter 1.1.4 beta is free.

--
brightside S9
Old January 5th 13, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Many routers have an admin page that will tell you this, maybe even
graphically.

Old January 5th 13, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Champ

On 05/01/2013 11:52, Java Jive wrote:
Many routers have an admin page that will tell you this, maybe even
graphically.

My Netgear helpfully tells me how many packets, but not how big they were.

Andy
Old January 5th 13, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:39:33 +0000, gac wrote:

Hello

How can I see how much data I have downloaded today, the last week
etc?

Cheers

Geoff

PS Netmeter costs - are there any free packages?

Well, if it's for a PC, NetMeter is open source now. It hasn't been
developed past XP, so might not work with Vista/7.
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

Worked for me with Windows 7 64-bit.

Old January 6th 13, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gac

wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:39:33 +0000, gac wrote:

Hello

How can I see how much data I have downloaded today, the last week
etc?

Cheers

Geoff

PS Netmeter costs - are there any free packages?

Well, if it's for a PC, NetMeter is open source now. It hasn't been
developed past XP, so might not work with Vista/7.
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

Netmeter 1.1.4 beta is free.

Many thanks! Seems to be working OK with Windows 7.

Cheers

Geoff
Old January 6th 13, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gac

wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:39:33 +0000, gac wrote:

Hello

How can I see how much data I have downloaded today, the last week
etc?

Cheers

Geoff

PS Netmeter costs - are there any free packages?

Well, if it's for a PC, NetMeter is open source now. It hasn't been
developed past XP, so might not work with Vista/7.
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

Worked for me with Windows 7 64-bit.

Jim

OK with Windows 7 32-bit!

Cheers

Geoff
Old January 6th 13, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 01:39:33 +0000, gac wrote:

Hello

How can I see how much data I have downloaded today, the last week
etc?

Cheers

Geoff

PS Netmeter costs - are there any free packages?

Well, if it's for a PC, NetMeter is open source now. It hasn't been
developed past XP, so might not work with Vista/7.
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

Worked for me with Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm pleased that it still works - it's about the best that I've found after
trying quite a few.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old January 6th 13, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gac

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:27:20 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

Worked for me with Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm pleased that it still works - it's about the best that I've found after
trying quite a few.

Peter

My interest was prompted by O2 saying I had gone over the 20GB limit
and they cut down my download speed dramatically.

I thought this unlikely, a tech support person there thought that the
reset had not been activated ...

Anyway, without any further word from them the speed is now back to
normal!

Cheers

Geoff