rolling contracts for fibre?

Old January 5th 13, 04:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gac

Default rolling contracts for fibre?

Hello

do rolling contracts exist for fibre broadband access?!

Cheers

Geoff
Old January 6th 13, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

gac laid this down on his screen :
Hello

do rolling contracts exist for fibre broadband access?!

Cheers

Geoff

Yes.

Though do you mean those that automatically renew ie, rolling over to a
new contract every 12 month.....or those that roll over every month? if
the latter, no, I wouldn't have thought so.

BT hold the ISP to a 12 month minimum term for FTTC connections, if
that helps.

Old January 6th 13, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gac

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 11:03:40 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Though do you mean those that automatically renew ie, rolling over to a
new contract every 12 month.....or those that roll over every month? if
the latter, no, I wouldn't have thought so.

monthly would be nice!

BT hold the ISP to a 12 month minimum term for FTTC connections, if
that helps.

I thought that BT Infinity contracts are for 18 months? BT tell me
that if you canel before that you can expect to pay around 70% of the
remaining charge ...

Cheers

Geoff
Old January 6th 13, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

gac has brought this to us :
wrote:

Though do you mean those that automatically renew ie, rolling over to a
new contract every 12 month.....or those that roll over every month? if
the latter, no, I wouldn't have thought so.

monthly would be nice!

BT hold the ISP to a 12 month minimum term for FTTC connections, if
that helps.

I thought that BT Infinity contracts are for 18 months? BT tell me
that if you canel before that you can expect to pay around 70% of the
remaining charge ...

Cheers

Geoff

BT Infinity is only a retail product name. BT Retail are not the only
ISP offering FTTC. The wholesale FTTC product is a 12 month minimum
term for the ISP; it's up to the ISP to decide whether they offer 12 or
18 or 24 month contracts; it's up to you to choose an ISP based on your
needs/desires...

Old January 6th 13, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

Jono considered Sun, 06 Jan 2013
13:54:06 GMT the perfect time to write:

gac has brought this to us :
wrote:

[...]

If the 12 month minimum will be reached, there is no reason for the
ISP contract to be anything more than monthly, as long as the customer
migrates to another ISP but stays on fibre.
The 12 month minimum is only there to ensure that BT get the cost of
installation back, so there really should be an alternative of paying
for the installation cost up-front, and having reduced monthly charges
and no minimum term.
Old January 7th 13, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Jono wrote:

Though do you mean those that automatically renew ie, rolling over to a
new contract every 12 month.....or those that roll over every month? if
the latter, no, I wouldn't have thought so.

Zen offer a 12 month contract followed by a one month rolling contract.

-- Richard
Old January 7th 13, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In message , gac
writes
wrote:

Though do you mean those that automatically renew ie, rolling over to a
new contract every 12 month.....or those that roll over every month? if
the latter, no, I wouldn't have thought so.

monthly would be nice!

BT hold the ISP to a 12 month minimum term for FTTC connections, if
that helps.

I thought that BT Infinity contracts are for 18 months? BT tell me
that if you canel before that you can expect to pay around 70% of the
remaining charge ...

Cheers

Geoff

I am 9 months into an 18 month Infinity contract and when I asked for a
MAC code I was quoted 78.04 to leave.
I foolishly thought asking for a code might spur them into solving a
little problem
--
bert
Old January 11th 13, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tired

Jono wrote:
:: gac laid this down on his screen :
::: Hello
:::
::: do rolling contracts exist for fibre broadband access?!
:::
::: Cheers
:::
::: Geoff
::
:: Yes.
::
:: Though do you mean those that automatically renew ie, rolling over
:: to a new contract every 12 month.....or those that roll over every
:: month? if the latter, no, I wouldn't have thought so.
::
:: BT hold the ISP to a 12 month minimum term for FTTC connections, if
:: that helps.

BT got their hands well and truly slapped when they manipulated their
customers into an unprecedented, twelve month automatically renewed
contracts. I doubt they'll be doing it again any time.